mtbr member

Help! Can't get quad seal cap off

I have my lefty 140 tpc fork apart and drained. I'm trying to get the cap with the quad seal in it (19mm wrench w/ extension down through the upper) and it won't budge. I put the fork back onto the bike for leverage, and I'm afraid I'm going to bend something. I'm using a pipe extension on my wrench for leverage and it still won't move!

What am I doing wrong? Is it supposed to be this tight? If anyone can shed some light on this, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

mtbr member

Got cap off, something I noticed

That cap was on friggin tight! I was really surprised on the force I had to exert. Anyway, it looks like corrosion or oxidation on the inside surface of the cap. The area where the quad seal sits looks fine though.....

image004.jpg

image005.jpg

Does this look ok? It feels smooth when the rebound shaft is inserted

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    No worries, that's actually bushing material. Pull the aluminum spacers from your rear shock, the space inside will look identical. Rock on....
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member

Thanks Craig

I actually got impatient last night and put the shock back together, hehe. Since the the shaft in the cap felt smooth, I didn't worry about it too much. Everything is butter smooth....ahhhh