Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Hella first post, SPAM alert

720 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  robloff 
#1 ·
#2 ·
This whole going on the web based begging for dollars thing really rubs me the wrong way.

It's almost like ePanhandling.

I don't know, seems like if you want to start a business, you get a loan one way or another, and have some skin in the game. Making total strangers take all that risk away, seems like it's way too easy to just be a lazy sack of sh*t, take the $ and run.

Me? Started my business with a knot in my gut, a couple credit cards, and a small wad of cash. Not looking for a pat on the back, just saying I did it the old fashioned way I guess.

Ten years later, I'm still here, but I'm not huge (nor do I wish to be). I guess it's time to hit the crowd funding button and ask the world to pay for filling up my non existent retirement fund......

Grumpy old man rant over, but all you crowd funders, get off my lawn!

#3 ·
I couldn't agree with you more, which is why I wrote it. Buy what you earn and don't expect others to buy it for you.

For product development it makes sense; anything else, like an amazing expensive bike, no. Kind of my point having fun with the crowdfunding fad.

However, don't let that stop you from donating to my fund : ).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.