mtbr member
    Dec 2006

headshok reviews???

I have an 06 F600 with the 80mm Headshok super fatty dlr. I ride mostly easy single track but when the going gets rough, I wonder if I even have a shock fork. It works great on the teeth chattering rough grass roads but big hits such as rocks and roots, it doesn't do too well. Is the shock made more for light use? Can anyone recomend a good way to set mo fork to get the best out of it? Right now I have the fork at 70 psi and the rebound set more on the neg. What would be ideal for small bumps yet ok on harder hits? I already droped my tire PSI to 30.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    It is designed as a cross country racing fork. It is the best in the world as a hard charging racing fork on world cup courses. In the real world it falls short on really, really, rough terrain or big drops. Things it was never designed for.

I have ridden one Headshok over 60,000 miles. Very good forks and long lasting.

Mess around with the air pressure. You should be able to tune it in to whatever conditions you may face on a regular trail.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I have 07 F3, I satisfied with fatty, it is still lighter than SID even 08' and cheaper if you buy the fork separately, also sealed tube and hard fork end are easier to clean and maintain compare with traditional fork