Shreddin the Cul de Sac

Headshok headset adjustment?

Hi guys. A little help please?

I know a couple things about bikes, been working on them for quite a few years. But I've never had a Cannondale or a Headshok.

I got a Cannondale M900 from a friend at work, several years old. I'm fixing it up for my daughter. Lots of corrosion, but mechanically sound, except for some back and forth play in the Headshok headset. I pulled the cap and stem off the steerer, but there is no star nut or any other obvious way to adjust the steerer or headet.

Can someone enlighten me? Any special tools needed? Is this something I should not attempt myself? If I need to replace the headset bearings, I do have a Park headset press, but I don't know if it'll work on a the Cdale oversized headtube.

What you tink?
    keep moving

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    The headset is a press fit, no adjustments are required, or possible. If there is play, and you're sure it's in the headset bearings, and not the fork's suspension component, then you just need new bearings.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    what is the size (identification number) of bearings in headshock headset on prophet (2005, lefty max 140 mm)