mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Headshok Fatty Ultra DL

I'm looking into buying one of these... a few questions:

What is the travel? I am thinking it's 70mm.

Is it disc specific?

Will it fit a CAAD2 frame?

Thanks, it is a late model, from 2001 so i hope someone knows.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Ultra

I have an Ultra DL on my Jekyll. It does have 70mm travel. It does have a lockout. My fork has both V tabs and disc tabs. I'm not sure if this fork will fit your frame. You do need the headshock headset which is oversized.

Check on e-bay. There are usually several headshock forks on there for sale. Cannondale charges anywhere from $50-$150 to rebuild them and it takes a couple of weeks, but you basically have a new fork when they are done.

Hope this helps.

BTW--if you don't find what you are looking for I may part with mine for the right $$.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bob24250
    I have an Ultra DL on my Jekyll. It does have 70mm travel. It does have a lockout. My fork has both V tabs and disc tabs. I'm not sure if this fork will fit your frame. You do need the headshock headset which is oversized.

Check on e-bay. There are usually several headshock forks on there for sale. Cannondale charges anywhere from $50-$150 to rebuild them and it takes a couple of weeks, but you basically have a new fork when they are done.

Hope this helps.

BTW--if you don't find what you are looking for I may part with mine for the right $$.
    How much would you sell it for? I'm looking at one on ebay for $75. There are no visible v-brake tabs but the pictures aren't great. If you can somehow let me know in the next hour i'll buy it if the price is good. i'll try tomeail you or something.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    a new one will be disc only and the travel should be 70 but there is an 80mm model but not sure if it's the ultra.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    will fit your c-dale frame no problem. don't pay someone to install it. it takes 3 minutes to remove and install an ultra fork.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dang
    will fit your c-dale frame no problem. don't pay someone to install it. it takes 3 minutes to remove and install an ultra fork.
    the head cap or whatever it's called on mine is stripped. So i either have to pay someone to do it or drill it out myself. Anyone have any tips on drilling out bolts?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Cool-blue Rhythm Headshock Fatty Ultra Fork Removal

Quote Originally Posted by dang
    I noticed your post about removal and installation of the ultra fork. I have a 2005 Cdale F600 with a ultra fork and I want to remove it and put it on a 2003 Cdale Scalpel 800 frame I just bought. I can't find any removal or installation instructions anywhere, can you help? Any special tools I might need? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Remove the wheel, the stem and the brake caliper/brake cable. Remove the lock-out lever. Hold the frame by the top tube and persuade a friend to hold the fork. Tap the top of the fork with a rubber or wooden mallet. The fork comes out. Put it in the new frame, no tools or force required.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Install

Quote Originally Posted by Museew
    Remove the wheel, the stem and the brake caliper/brake cable. Remove the lock-out lever. Hold the frame by the top tube and persuade a friend to hold the fork. Tap the top of the fork with a rubber or wooden mallet. The fork comes out. Put it in the new frame, no tools or force required.

You've got to use the Fork Install Tool or and equivalent piece of PVC pipe to drive the headtube down over the lower headset bearing...