Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Headshok Fatty Solo?

5K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Dan Gerous 
#1 ·
#7 ·
No, I'm quite sure we'll never see it for off-road use, since it is no lighter than a regular Fatty Ultra. It will be limited to "Urban".

I was just pointing out that oddly, the Euro version has 80mm travel and the US has 50mm.

magsdad said:
Sorry, I was unclear. Is the Fatty Solo always going to be for the "Urban" crowd in the US, or is it something we may see for
serious offroad in the future?

#11 ·
eliflap said:
i saw it on monday in a shop here close to home :D
I saw it at Eurobike in September last year. I told the engineer who designed it that they should be using a belt drive instead of a chain for lightness and durability.

#13 ·
Well, for xc, you're better off with a Lefty Speed, they're lighter... and the post-mount of the Fatty Solo is a pain if you ride a lot, you need to re-align the front brake everytime you take the wheel off, change brake pads... even putting air in the fork is a pain with the wheel on.

#17 ·
Dan Gerous said:
Well, for xc, you're better off with a Lefty Speed, they're lighter... and the post-mount of the Fatty Solo is a pain if you ride a lot, you need to re-align the front brake everytime you take the wheel off, change brake pads... even putting air in the fork is a pain with the wheel on.
I picked up a badboy solo early this year with the same fork being discussed. I'm new to the bike world and pretty green, but I don't think this fork takes air. I don't see a place to fill it and the fork documentation that came with the bike doesn't mention anything about filling it with air. Just looks like a spring. Anyone care to enlighten me?

#18 ·
Shurenuff said:
I picked up a badboy solo early this year with the same fork being discussed. I'm new to the bike world and pretty green, but I don't think this fork takes air. I don't see a place to fill it and the fork documentation that came with the bike doesn't mention anything about filling it with air. Just looks like a spring. Anyone care to enlighten me?
I'm with you , i don't see any place to pump up the shock. as far as I am aware it's just a spring /damper mech.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.