Moderator Moderator
    Jan 2004

Headshok CX axle-crown?

Hey guys -

I've got a customer who needs a rigid fork for his Cannondale cyclocross bike - a 70mm travel model. He does not have the fork anymore, however, and doesn't know the axle-crown. Some searching online has turned up nothing, so I thought I'd ask - does anyone have experience with these forks (or own one) who can help us out?

Thanks for any info. I may end up having him get an angle finder and try to guesstimate, but I'd rather find some hard numbers somewhere.

-Walt
    Waltworks Custom Bicycles
    Park City, UT USA
    www.waltworks.com
    waltworks.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I had a 2002 Cyclocross Ultra a few years ago. Its original fork was actually a 25mm travel one -- the Fatty Ultra X. (Good luck finding one of these, by the way...) I don't think Cdale ever made a Headshok tubed CX frame suited for a 70mm travel fork.

I do recall measuring the axle to crown height but I never wrote it down. From memory I think it was around the 430-440mm mark; i.e. a suspension-corrected 26" rigid fork would be in the right ballpark.

Ah, found an old thread of mine that might have some useful info; off-the-wall Headshok questions