mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Headshock support.

Is Cannondale supporting their 95-98 era headshock forks with seals, or replacement parts? F500- F 600?

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Nope.

Anything 2004 and older will have English threading as opposed to metric, thus, they have no damper parts left, thus, since they cannot guarantee absolute certainty in full, factory fresh service regardless of what's needed, so they do not accept them for service.

The seals are the same though.

You do the math....
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

Ex-Clydesdale
    I had a Lefty serviced by Mendon a couple years ago, really came out great. Do you service old things like the DD60, Mendon? I have one on a Super-V, the bearing races have rust spots, I doubt there's any oil left in the thing... just wondering whether it's worthwhile having a rebuild done it.
    '94 RSBikes Stampede (commuter), '05 Prophet, '09 Scattante XRL Team, '10 Slice 4
    Retired: 97 C-DaleSuper-V, 05 C-Dale R5000

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
    Do you service old things like the DD60, Mendon?
    Yep, couple a month actually.....

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Mendon,I have a 08 ultra(no rebound lever) and I'm going to try rebuilding it myself,I have bought the castle tool and pin tool and o-rings.

My question is,if I run into problems can I send you just the cartridge instead of the whole fork?Any chance of me ruining it?

Quote Originally Posted by DUAL X ASSUALT View Post
    My question is,if I run into problems can I send you just the cartridge instead of the whole fork?Any chance of me ruining it?
    Damper and telescope wear as a unit.

Doing one without the other is akin to changing the oil on your car, but not bothering with the filter.

Any chance of ruining it? Of course.

How? Can't really say, I've seen it all, and there are many ways.

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Thanks for the reply Mendon.. I actually meant to say I'm gona try rebuiling the cartridge not the entire assembly. I assume the telescoping part is the part with 88 needle bearings.I've already replaced the boot and re-greased the bearings,the bearings had plenty of grease when I removed the boot and bearings looked Very good. I would Never try replacing the needle bearings!

I'm gona wait till the first salt truck salts the road then I'll switch to my winter bike and Try rebuilding the cartridge. I've rebuilt many Bobcat hydraulic cylinders in the mid 90's so I have confidence in myself. If I do have a problem your the Man I'll send it to.

How? Can't really say,I've seen it all,and there are many ways..... I about pee'd in my pants when I read that LMAO I know Exactly what you mean,I work on alot of different things that people try repairing themselves and it's Amazing the things I've seen.