mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Headshock ok for a Clyde?

I'm about 230lbs...and am considering either an F4 or an F3. I'm wondering if the headshock is ok for that kind of rider weight. in the manual, rider weight only goes up to 200lbs in the pressure chart.

Thanks....

banned
    I no longer have my C'dale. I gave it to a buddy of mine. It was a Super V with a Headshok. I had no problems with it and I weigh 285lbs. I did convert it to a standard fork after about 4 years because I wanted more travel but the HS was fine while I had it

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Headshok should be fine for your weight..........

........as long as you use it for it's intended cross country purpose.

I used to 245lbs and I have had 2 bikes with headshoks with no problems on either. Same question and answers actually go for the air sprung lefty too.

I always found that I had to run the headshok softer than recommended to get full travel. The 80mm travel does create a quick rising rate feel.

The headshok works well with slightly softer settings for off road as you can instantly lock out or smooth work without the annoying bob.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I'm 280lbs and have an F4 which is a great bike a i've no problems with the headshock i run it with iirc 135 psi