mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Bonking ... not feelin' well Headshock Fatty Clonk

I have a 2001 Jekyll with a headshock 80mm/ Airassist. i have annoying clonk i my Fatty. I think that the sound comes when fork is going back after a bump. This fault was when I bought it from a private person, he sad that this was normal as he was told from Canondale salesman in Sweden. I don't think this is normal but I have 200km to nearest Cannondale LBS with right to repair. So can I do anything for my self? Is there anyone who had this fault? What should I do?

Mats Sjögren/ Sweden

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by matssj
    I have a 2001 Jekyll with a headshock 80mm/ Airassist. i have annoying clonk i my Fatty. I think that the sound comes when fork is going back after a bump. This fault was when I bought it from a private person, he sad that this was normal as he was told from Canondale salesman in Sweden. I don't think this is normal but I have 200km to nearest Cannondale LBS with right to repair. So can I do anything for my self? Is there anyone who had this fault? What should I do?

Mats Sjögren/ Sweden
    Rebound clunk does seem to be normal for most of the Headshocks. Even afetr having it serviced by one of the former C'dale factory wrenches it was still there.

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by skinl19
    Rebound clunk does seem to be normal for most of the Headshocks. Even afetr having it serviced by one of the former C'dale factory wrenches it was still there.
    Never happened to me in 6 years on my Fatty SL. I have a similar problem on my Manitou Minute and it drives me nuts!

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Never happened to me in 6 years on my Fatty SL. I have a similar problem on my Manitou Minute and it drives me nuts!
    But there must be something wrong when it clonks! If some forks does`nt clonk it must be possible for me to make mine the wery same... I would be glad if anyone have an ide what to do.

/Mats