mtbr member

Headshock conversion to 1 1/8 ?

I have a 2000 Ted Wocjik that is in bearly ridden condition and sports a 60mm travel Headshock. The short travel just isn't cutting it anymore and I rarely ride it cause it's beating the crap out me. I'd like to possibly convert it to accept a 1 1/8 fork w/ 80-90 mm travel. Anyone attempt this yet and how costly will it be aside from the cost of a new fork?

Ridin' dirty!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spastook
    I have a 2000 Ted Wocjik that is in bearly ridden condition and sports a 60mm travel Headshock. The short travel just isn't cutting it anymore and I rarely ride it cause it's beating the crap out me. I'd like to possibly convert it to accept a 1 1/8 fork w/ 80-90 mm travel. Anyone attempt this yet and how costly will it be aside from the cost of a new fork?
    You only need a conversion Headset like this:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT
    and a 1 1/8 compatible stem.
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    In the same position, but with the 2008 F4, now does anybody know if I go to Reba with 100mm, should I use a minimal stack reducer headset like FSA orbit Z, or a more standard headset with larger stack?

I see that SI headset has about 20mm stack, so will the 20mm more travel on Reba be in place of the SI headset stack?

I would like to minimize changing of F4 geometry by replacing the forks, since it suits me perfectly.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I did that with my 2007 F3. I put a 100mm fork on it and used a Cane Creek XXc II flush head set. Its great and rides just the way I like it.