mtbr member
    Jan 2004

New question here. gutting a headshok

My back-up bike is a hardtrail C'dale (Jekyll is my primary). I have two headshoks (DD60 and DD50) for the hardtail. The DD60 works fine, the DD50 is blown.

I'd like to know if there is a way to gut the internals of the DD50, then lock it in the fully compressed position.

This is to be used sparingly for a road ride. I want to lower the front end, and the reduction in weight would be a bonus.

Can it be done?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

You can try this

Ok remove the black plastic cap on top take 2 thin bladed screw drivers and pry up the nut ( its not screwed on) take a spanner wrench and unscrew the (1) aluminum cap. Then you need to get a Cannondale spanner wrench ( you can get one from a LBS through BTI pn CA-01146 Standard length )Anyways unscrew the cartridge flip the fork upside down then with a punch knock out the aluminum plug in the bottom of the fork screw the aluminum cap(1) back on then get some all thread from a hardware store and a couple of washers and nuts push the fork down and bolt together you can trim it up nice and push the black plastic cap on top. That should work.

Tim