Thread: Great deal!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Great deal!

I did a quick network setup today for my local bike shop and I was cut an awesome deal on a new Cannondale Jekyl 400, I spent 10 minutes of my time and he is selling me the jekyl for 560.00 his cost. I will pick it up monday, I picked it over the fuel and sugar because I wanted more rear travel. Does anyone have a jekyl 400 here? I'm sooo excited.

mtbr member

noi

Quote Originally Posted by thomasward00
    I did a quick network setup today for my local bike shop and I was cut an awesome deal on a new Cannondale Jekyl 400, I spent 10 minutes of my time and he is selling me the jekyl for 560.00 his cost. I will pick it up monday, I picked it over the fuel and sugar because I wanted more rear travel. Does anyone have a jekyl 400 here? I'm sooo excited.

While I don't have a Jekyll 400 , I did at one time have a Jekyll 3000. I sold it and got a Scalpel . The Jekyll , while a very nice bike , was just alittle to boingy for where I live and ride. The Scalpel suit me nicely.
    I work Part time at a LBS that sells C'dale. You got a killer deal on the Jekyll.

mtbr member
    Yep, I have a 400. Overall, a sweet "all mountain" ride. The brakes and fork blow, but for the price there is room for improvement. On the brakes, it's really only the levers that are weak. And the fork froze almost solid in freezing temps (I live in Michigan and bought the bike in December). I also got a good deal on my 400, though not as good as your's I got some Avid mechanical discs and Speed Dial 7 levers for a good price, and replaced the fork with a Marzocchi MX Comp ETA 120mm. With some careful shopping I got all that for about $450, so you would still only have about $1000 in it. I reviewed my 400 in the review section, my name there is either Polk or Ed.

Enjoy, it's a fun bike!

R.I.P. DogFriend

Yer wastin’ yer breath about upgrading the C-dale Jekyll 400….

This is the guy that don’t need no stinkin’ Gucci - Louis Vuitton $2K status symbol boutique bike. Nothin’ over $500 bucks needed for him…. EVER! (let alone this week for cryin’ out loud) That’s a $1K bike you’re riding there pal. You’re half way to snapping that thing in half while riding at the back of the pack. Oh well, you could always scab some heavy gussets onto it or just melt some lead down into the seat tube so you can feel at home.…. (just ribbin’ ya a little after the post you made the other day in the GD section).

Enjoy your new ride. I saw them for $700 the other day at Supergo and thought that was a good deal. You did well.