Patagonia survivor
    Aug 2005

Going from Scalpel to Rush

Yesterday I test rode a Rush 1000 and was very impresed, especially with the rear end stiffness when climbing and the added rear travel when going down. I own a 05 Scalpel 2000 and feel it`s an excelent racing machine but was wondering if a lghtweight Rush (24-25lbs) would do a better job than the Scalpel, considering that here race courses are mostly soft-rocky terrain.
    I know the Rush it´s a Marathon-Race oriented bike, but if you had the chance to go down to the same weight as the Scalpel, would you prefer it?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyB
    Yesterday I test rode a Rush 1000 and was very impresed, especially with the rear end stiffness when climbing and the added rear travel when going down. I own a 05 Scalpel 2000 and feel it`s an excelent racing machine but was wondering if a lghtweight Rush (24-25lbs) would do a better job than the Scalpel, considering that here race courses are mostly soft-rocky terrain.
    I know the Rush it´s a Marathon-Race oriented bike, but if you had the chance to go down to the same weight as the Scalpel, would you prefer it?
    It would really depends on the course. The rush is a very raceable xc bike. This season, I will either be racing a highly moded F600 or my rush.
    one pedal stroke at a time

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyB
    I'd consider it a piece of mind upgrade.
    I was never too keen on the plastic seat stays/carbon fiber chainstays on the Scalpel.
    I ended up scoring mine on a few tight rock gardens & was always worried that they would fail eventually. The Aluminum high elevation swingarms on the Rush & Prophet make more sense to me from a durabilty standpoint.

Members who have read this thread: 0