mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Getting a reducer headset for rush?

My purchasing options have changed again and it looks like I'm getting a rush after all. I'm getting one with lefty and then switching it out for a "normal" fork (yes, I know how great lefty is, and no, I don't want to hear more about it). I don't see a ton of options for the 1.5 to 1 1/8" step down. I'm looking at the Cane creek double xc short, the cane creek zero stack version, a hope headset which is practically zero stack, and anything else for around $75 or less (therefore the new Chris king is right out).

I know it's a problem w/ prophets, but can you use a zero stack headset on the rush? If not, which headset would be a good value (and not CK)? thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    You will enjoy your Rush (even with a non-Lefty on there Just be sure that which ever headset you choose has a lower cup with a 12-13mm stack height. If you don't, you run the risk of the fork crown hitting your downtube in a crash situation.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    What should be the first couple upgrades to the 2008 rush 5?

mtbr member
    FSA makes a DH Pig headset that is a reducer. Not the lightest option (in fact it may be your heaviest), but it is pretty bombproof and cheap. I think I got one for about $30.