mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Gemini sizing and Romic question.

Hello,

I am deciding on a Gemini and Heckler and had some concerns about the Romic on the Gemini and frame sizing. The Romic is on a 03 Gemini 2000 and it will probably need to be overhauled very soon. Does the shock need to be sent in to Romic or can a LBS do it? Secondly, I have been considering just going to a shop and buying new because the prices for the Gemini have dropped because the season is ending. (up here in Alberta anyways).

I am a tad over 5'10" and the medium Gemini is comfortable. Unfortunately my LBS only has the 2000 in a large and the 900 in a medium. I like the 2000 for the suspension upgrades and the Hayes mag over the HFX 9 on the 900. I think the large may be too big and I was wondering if any riders under 6ft are riding a large Gemini and what they think? Too big, just right etc. I guess the only way to find out is to ride it for myself. Just wondering what the Gemini sector thinks.

Thank you.

LA CHÈVRE
    I wouldn't buy any bike that is not the perfect size for me, even at a good price. I know it can be hard to find at this time of the year, couldn't they switch frames? The 900 has standard dropouts tough.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

Are you talking to me?

The shock goes to Romic.

The frame size issue is another story all together. Try them. Only you can answer your own question.
    gfy

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by damion
    The frame size issue is another story all together. Try them. Only you can answer your own question.
    I would never buy a bike unless it fits the way I want. Switching the frames is an option I guess. I think the large will be too stretched out for me because 1) my height at 5'10 2) The Geminis for this year are running a xc type stem which looks to be around 90-100mm in length (Stems can be switched I guess). I will try them both and see how they fit.