mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Gemini size help...

Hi All,

The LBS has a large size '05 Gemini 900 - seriously discounted (and i mean serious - as it would be the 4th bike i've bought from them)

Only trouble is - its a large. I'm around 5'8" and currently ride a medium prophet.

No way i'm going to buy if its just not going to fit (can't take it for a real test ride).

Anyone out there on a large gemini thats around my size. Any tips to make her fit better.
    Any other thoughts.

I am just starting to get into a bit of serious downhill/free ride - don't want to kill Candy (the prophet)

Cheers,

Iain

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jawry
    Hi All,

The LBS has a large size '05 Gemini 900 - seriously discounted (and i mean serious - as it would be the 4th bike i've bought from them)

Only trouble is - its a large. I'm around 5'8" and currently ride a medium prophet.

No way i'm going to buy if its just not going to fit (can't take it for a real test ride).

Anyone out there on a large gemini thats around my size. Any tips to make her fit better.
    Any other thoughts.

I am just starting to get into a bit of serious downhill/free ride - don't want to kill Candy (the prophet)

Cheers,

Iain
    That's too big if you plan to DH or FR. It's ok if you plan to XC it.

I'm 5'7" and ride a small Gemini. I also ride a small Prophet. I like small bikes because I can manuver them easier. My friend is 5'7" and he rides a medium Prophet. I have no problem riding his medium either. If I rode more XC then I would ride a medium Prophet.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I ride a Large 2003 version and am 6ft odd, I use it more for general riding not FR or DH, and would prefer a smaller one for doing DH seriously...

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I ride a Large 2003 version and am 6ft odd, I use it more for general riding not FR or DH, and would prefer a smaller one for doing DH seriously...