mtbr member

Gemini shcok ???

Hey gemini guys, Ive been thinking of going to a roco tst r or a fox dhx 5.0 air. I want to do alot more downhilling so I think the roco would be better, but I have never used a air shock. Can some one tell me what they think of their bikes with these shocks? I live in summit county colorado, so I will be taking the lift up quiet often, but I will do an all day epic on this. So please any input would be nice. Cheers, Grom.
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

shock

I have an 04 Gemini, After trying to pedal the bike up the hill in stock form one of the first changes I made was to a Romic double shock. Best upgrade I have yet. The bike pedals 10X better despite being a little heavier, it is also so much more plush! so much. With the swinger set in the 150mm travel setting it is faster in the rough stuff than the stock shock was in the 170mm setting. I would get a romic double if i were you. I always ride in the 150mm setting because I think the bike handles/corners better in the 150mm position. Just my opinion.
    By the way i am from N.J. Summit county rocks! you lucky bastard. I still dream of the trees on Mary Jane at Winter Park.
    Peace dude.

mtbr member
    Hey thanks for the reply, I am going to check it out the romic. I ride 170 all the time. Summit county is great, I am lovin it.
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    I'm using the stock Swinger 4 way that came with my 04 3000 @ 170mm, don't pedal uphill thou.

mtbr member
    Using a 4way from a Heckler and it pedals a ton better than stock on my 06 900. Still thinking about going air to save some weight though.
    I call for a mandate to allow only road bikes on trails to limit our speeds and increase our line picking skills-FB

mtbr member
    707 area code.... I lived in arcata for a bit. where you at. You ever do the dh race there called the bigfoot classic. I checked the romic, I think I would like the roco more. but now I dont know if I would do tst-r or world cup.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thegromit
    but now I dont know if I would do tst-r or world cup.
    If you can afford it go for the best one.

mtbr member
    Theres not a better one or another, they have different features.