makin skid marks
    Jun 2007

Gemini rear travel question

My 1st-year('03?)Gemini 900, had optional shock mounts on the swingarm for 140, 152 or 170mm, IIRC, of rear wheel travel. Did they go to just 2 shock mounts at some time? I have searched, here & at Cannondale.com w/o getting a clear shot. I'm also aware that the DHs have one shock position; I'm talking about the 900, etc. Thanks-
    Steve

Are you talking to me?

03 was not the first run

I think 2002 was.

I have a 2003 Gemini 1000, first year Lefty Max

they used 3 travel positions on 02, 03, and 04 (I think) The swingarms are all basically the same, other than the travel amounts, and the hole through the swingarm for the rear mech cable.
    gfy

Happy Coiler Owner
    Aug 2005
    They did go to 'just' two options in 04, but only for the higher end geminis with the 'thru-12' swingarm. i believe there was one availible in 2004 with the 3 travel options and a qr rear

makin skid marks
    Jun 2007

Thanks, guys

I just won an auction for a Gemini- not sure of year/model, & can't tell from the picture if it has 2 or 3 mounts. BTW, I fully expect someone to come on & chide me for 'not knowing what I'm getting', which I appreciate, but here's my sitch: bought a 900(my 4th Cannondale so far)the first year they were available(I'm still pretty sure it was '03, but I often enjoy phantom memories- I've also been known to trip), then sold it to fund a custom bass guitar(ask me about that). WELL before said instrument was done, I totally regretted the sale. I had dumped it(the bike)on ebay for $1200 & it went quick. So I grabbed up the best bike I could afford, an '06 FSR XC Comp. I like the Spec'd, but I LOVED my Gemini. So I often perused ebay, not expecting to find a similar rig w/in my budget(zero). When I spotted the aforementioned C-Dale w/a BIN of $1,000- which I should be able to get near to for the FSR(at least that's what I told THe Queen), I jumped, figuring(from the pic)that it was the same year & model as my old one. If it's not fairly identical, I can make it work.
    Actually I abhor cycling- I just like wearing tight shorts

Are you talking to me?

Did the ad mention the rear hub?

Is it a standard QR, or a Thru-12?

That may be the one thing that is a bit of a build hassle, if it is a Thru-12, and the hub is not with it.
    gfy

makin skid marks
    Jun 2007
    He(the seller)did not mention the rear hub/axle. The bike is complete though, so whatever's on it will have to do for awhile. I should be talking to him tomorrow- I'll ask then.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I got my gemini from ebay, barely used for 800$ when i receved it, it had an over sized spring (800lb) a big fat gel saddle, and the xtra firm spring in the sherman.........that was a good sign, some super fat person got it for 'exercise' but couldn't handle it, it's a 2004 came whith 3 adjustment holes, 140, 150, and 170, I uce it in the 150mm since I notice that there, the BB hight is lower and the head tube is slacker angleI really love this bike, It can do everything.......no kidding

makin skid marks
    Jun 2007
    Yeah, I should be talking to the seller tomorrow- I'll ask about the travel options, etc. Similar story there; he bought it because he had back problems & it was very comfortable for him. His back has gotten worse however, so he can't ride it at all. I have no idea what he weighs- I'll ask about that too.
    I really loved my 900- I'm ecstatic that I'll be getting my dream ride again. Now where'd my shin guards go..?

makin skid marks
    Jun 2007

Happy, happy

Just got an email from the seller- the bike has 2 shock positons(150/179mm, correct?)& is an '05. It should be on it's way soon. Maybe by the time it arrives I'll have posting pics figgered out...