mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Gemini or Heckler.

I have narrowed my decision down to two bikes: The Gemini 2000/03 or Heckler/04. I weigh 210lbs and ride aggressive xc with some freeriding thrown in on the side. I would like to know from some Gemini riders how the bike rides in the different travel modes. I usually ride a medium frame and the Heckler is a large. I am just under 5'11. I have tested the Heckler and it felt comfortable which does not make my decision easier. The Gemini is cheaper which is a bonus but has some miles on it but is in decent condition. The Heckler is brand new except for the crankset and brakes and the warranty card has not been filled. Both bikes weigh around the same. Any comments will be appreciated. No flaming please.

Specs:
    Heckler:
    Price:$2800.00.

Large 04 frame with the 5th element coil. Firefly front fork, mavicD321 rims with Hadley hubs, Maxxis 2.5 tires, rooxs stem and bars, king headset, Hayes 8" hydros front and back, Full XTR drivetrain, NS XS crankset with blackspire bashguard, Thompson post and Fizik seat.

Gemini
    Price: $2000.00

Medium 03 frame with Romic D 7" of travel, Sherman breakout 6" front fork, DeeMax rims 28 spoked version (the rear rim has a broken spoke but has Atom lab rim on now), Hope mono hydros 8" front 6" rear, Michelin tires, FSA shorty stem and bars, NS DH crankset, with Blackspire dually guide, XT 11-34 cassette, Ultegra rear derraileur, LX front derraileur, XT and deore shifters, WTB seat.
    Last edited by ronny; 09-10-2004 at 10:44 PM.