mtbr member

Gemini frame size ???help

Hey guys !

I have been offerd a Gemini 900 frame size medium, for a very good price ..thinking of haveing a long travel secound bike.

MY question is, will a Medium fit me at 5'10" 31" inseam. it would be for freeride mucking arround type work but still have to pedale to the top..the bike is already striped so i cant ride it to teast the fit.

Thanks and happy Hols.

mtbr member

6ft on a medium Gemini

the Gemini will fit you perfectly (especially for freeriding).
    I'm a little taller than you at 6 ft and have been riding mine for 1.5 years now.

Mine pedals very well considering nothing is really stock anymore (04 Super T, Fox DHX 5.0, ....). Came in at 42 pounds over the Summer. Have since swapped the DH wheels for the stock ones.

I could not see myself on a Large...
    But that's just my $.02.

Good luck......

Quote Originally Posted by mzungo
    Hey guys !

I have been offerd a Gemini 900 frame size medium, for a very good price ..thinking of haveing a long travel secound bike.

MY question is, will a Medium fit me at 5'10" 31" inseam. it would be for freeride mucking arround type work but still have to pedale to the top..the bike is already striped so i cant ride it to teast the fit.

Thanks and happy Hols.

mtbr member
    Hi !
    I am riding a Gemini DH Frame Size L and I am 180cm (which has to be 5'11" or 6') and I am totally happy with that bike. A medium Frame would force me to knock with my knees on the bar while pedalling uphill. I was not sure wheather to buy a M or an L frame and asked my LBS and he told me: if I am going to use it as a freerider or Downhill bike and have to pedal uphill more often than I should go with the L frame but if I am just going to bikeparks and do DH-races only than I should stick with the M frame ! Since I do Long distance Dh races like the megavalanche (www.avalanchecup.com) I chose the L frame and it was perfect for all my rinding ! The M frame would make the bike a bit more agile but the L frame is better at high speed for you !
    I hope I could help !

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I am your same size and have had a Med. for two seasons and love it. I do LOTS of uphill/XC on it and it fits and pedals well. It makes a great all around bike. I'd say if the deal is good enough go for it.

mtbr member

Thanks guy's

Quote Originally Posted by rpowell
    I am your same size and have had a Med. for two seasons and love it. I do LOTS of uphill/XC on it and it fits and pedals well. It makes a great all around bike. I'd say if the deal is good enough go for it.

Ok thanks a lot guy's, i have bought the frame .......i find that 5'10" is right on the border line with most manufactuers where medium and large crossover ,,

So i have my fingers crossed
    I also got a brand new pair of 1.5 Manitou sherman breakouts. on ebay for £149.00($256.00) Bargain price...

I am a chuffed bunny i can tell you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mzungo; 12-28-2005 at 12:00 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Ok thanks a lot guy's, i have bought the frame .......i find that 5'10" is right on the border line with most manufactuers where medium and large crossover ,,

I also got a brand new pair of 1.5 Manitou sherman breakouts. on ebay for £149.00($256.00) Bargain price...

It's easier to make a small bike bigger. (longer stem, setback seatpost) than the reverse.

One of the local huckers is 6' tall. He rides a small Yeti ASX. He does freeride and DH with it. He prefers a small bike because it more flickable.

Checkout this video. He's the guy with the black Yeti ASX and triple 8 fork.

http://thevishfiles.com/thevishfiles5.wmv

Are you talking to me?

Call PUSH.

Have that RC PUSHed at www.pushindustries.com They will valve the shock for your weieght, riding style, and frame type. You will not regret doing it on a SP frame like the Gemini.

Great frame btw. Enjoy the build.
    gfy

mtbr member

Pushins SP frame ?

Quote Originally Posted by damion
    Have that RC PUSHed at www.pushindustries.com They will valve the shock for your weieght, riding style, and frame type. You will not regret doing it on a SP frame like the Gemini.

Great frame btw. Enjoy the build.
    What makes you say that ?

Is an Sp frame more in need of something in the shock department?

Alec.

Are you talking to me?

Sure.

What makes you say that ?

Is an Sp frame more in need of something in the shock department?

Alec.
    My Gemini came with a Float RL (of all things) in 2003. It is a Gemini 1000, with a Lefty Max up front. After I had the bike for a while, I bought a 5th Element coil to replace the Float. The difference in the shocks are night and day.

I have tried the Vanilla RC on my bike, side by side with the 5th coil. the RC was more supple over the ripple bumps, but the 5th rides higher in the travel, and is a way better fit for me.

If I had a Vanilla, I would send it to PUSH in a heartbeat. They gut the shock, and give it a "Werks" tune, with all new internals. They valve it for you, your bike, and style. They will make the shock ride with a platform, allowing it to ride higher, with an excelent valving system.

Go for it. I know $160 or whatever is a chunk of change, but it is well spent. Go over to the "Lets talk about shocks" board and do a search on PUSH info. You will be amazed, as I am.
    gfy

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by damion

I have tried the Vanilla RC on my bike, side by side with the 5th coil. the RC was more supple over the ripple bumps, but the 5th rides higher in the travel, and is a way better fit for me.
    That's how the SPV Evolve Sherman Fork rides. Higher in the travel and minimal nose dive for a 7" travel fork. It will blow through the travel on big hits yet won't nose dive on really hairy technical descents.

Members who have read this thread: 0