mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Gemini chain guide / bb advice

Need a chain guide fitted to a second hand gemini I picked up a while back - after experimenting with a few rinky-dink cheap solutions I think I need to bite the bullet and lay cash down for a proper set-up. I'm definitely going to run a single chainring, and I currently have a 36 T / eight speed cassette / Truvativ husselfelt crank and gigapipe 68E/73 bb. Could change any of the drivetrain parts nae problem, as they're all worn, but defo want a single ring up front.

Tell me this, is the e-13 backplate the only way to go with the gemini? I'm looking to see what the options are, so if anyone could post their bb plus chainguide set-up that would be cool. Thanks.

mtbr member
    I've been using an MRP Word Cup 1 ISCG device for the last three years. You must remove a couple inches from each end of the "boomerang" to work properly, though once modded, it's bulletproof. I ditched the bash rings about a year ago and now use only the guide wheels.

It's silent, I've never once lost a chain and I'm 100% pleased with it.

***The top roller bolt went missing about two hundred miles ago. I'd replace it but the chain holds it in place rather securely. No worries.

Check it out...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GGAllen; 05-29-2007 at 01:27 AM.
    This is not Nam. This is bowling. There are rules. -Walter Sobchak