Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004

... and if we just ... The Gemini 2000 inc. Pictures, what do you think?

Well finally got all the parcels for it, It was a great first ride and I enjoyed it a lot more than my 04 S-works enduro. I will change the seat pin to Thomson and the handle bar is a tad tall and wide for me, tyres swap already done and that's for continental Vertical Protection.
    It feels indestructable, and the frame finish is amazing so not worried any more about scratching the paint.

http://martyn-james-nash.fotopic.net/c166313.html

ceteris paribus
    looks like a sweet ride.

Are you talking to me?

Looks like fun.

Let us know what you thingk about the rear thru-axle.

Have fun with the shock setup. It took me forever to get my 5th Element set up to my perfect settings. Starting out of the box, it was the best shock I have ever been on. Now that the setup is nailed, it is even better.

Have you ridden the frame in the 7" travel position?

How about that SPV Sherman? Setup issues?
    gfy

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004

... and if we just ... Gemini

Haven't ridden the 170mm setting yet, the rear feels very stiff and solid with that axle, I seem to have found the manitou swinger 4-way easy to set up, will have a few more goes to see what it's like, I have found the front breakout + forks superb and in general the bike is way more fun than the enduro I had, and that bike is having great reviews. I was very suprised at how well it climbs, I am over the moon with the bike.

mtbr member

5th setup.

Quote Originally Posted by damion
    Let us know what you thingk about the rear thru-axle.

Have fun with the shock setup. It took me forever to get my 5th Element set up to my perfect settings. Starting out of the box, it was the best shock I have ever been on. Now that the setup is nailed, it is even better.

Have you ridden the frame in the 7" travel position?

How about that SPV Sherman? Setup issues?
    Damion, how much do you weigh, and what is your setup on the 5th.
    What weight spring do you have?

I have had the same trouble setting mine up.

Are you talking to me?

Here you go.

Quote Originally Posted by cruz
    Damion, how much do you weigh, and what is your setup on the 5th.
    What weight spring do you have?

I have had the same trouble setting mine up.
    I weigh 220lb. THe spring on my Gemini is 550lb. The shock size is 8.0x2.25. The 550 is right for the 150mm travel position, but is underspung in the 170mm position. 0 beginning compression, 1/2 turn ending compression. CVT chamber 1/3 of the way in, with 60lb of air in the air chamber. add some rebound and I am good to go.
    gfy

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004

... and if we just ... Ordered a 400lb spring

Just been speaking to TFTuned and I'm getting a 400lb spring instead of the 500 one that came with the bike. I'm 150lbs riding weight.

bro not pro
    Are the shock dimensions you quoted ( 8.0 X 2.25 ) the stock dimensions that Cannondale specs on the bike ? Does it matter what frame size it is ?

Quote Originally Posted by damion
    . THe spring on my Gemini is 550lb. The shock size is 8.0x2.25.
    G O N Z

Are you talking to me?

not stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonz
    Are the shock dimensions you quoted ( 8.0 X 2.25 ) the stock dimensions that Cannondale specs on the bike ? Does it matter what frame size it is ?
    The stiock sis 7.875x2.25.
    gfy

Geritol Power
    Catnash,

Comeon bro. fix your pix so I can see that Gemini. Your site sez down for maint. I been trying for a few days.

Chris

Are you talking to me?

I am able to view them.

Quote Originally Posted by Duzitall
    Catnash,

Comeon bro. fix your pix so I can see that Gemini. Your site sez down for maint. I been trying for a few days.

Chris
    I can see the photos.
    gfy

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004

Sorry, heres the pic

Sorry about that its their fault will email them and see when its back, heres a pic though.

http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/phot...w&image=203694

Geritol Power
    That's the ticket. Boring meeting at work in 2 hrs at least I have a new visual to occupy me.

Thank you,

Chris

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004
    The only problem with the bike is the springs, they are on the hard side for a small framed bike, someone who weighs 147lbs.

bro not pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonz
    I see that you increased the eyeTOeye by 0.25 inch over what CDale specs on the bike. Was this done to get a stiffer shock ? Do you still get the full rear travel ? Just curious, because right now I have an air shock, and I would like to get a coil shock for my Gemini.
    Thanks
    G O N Z

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Problem w/ 170mm position

Quote Originally Posted by catnash
    Well finally got all the parcels for it, It was a great first ride and I enjoyed it a lot more than my 04 S-works enduro. I will change the seat pin to Thomson and the handle bar is a tad tall and wide for me, tyres swap already done and that's for continental Vertical Protection.
    It feels indestructable, and the frame finish is amazing so not worried any more about scratching the paint.

http://martyn-james-nash.fotopic.net/c166313.html
    Congrats on the new Gemini, you're going to be stoked on it. I got a Gemini 3K about two months ago and am very pleased. One problem though--the Swinger reservior hits the frame in the 170mm position (I've tried it in all four positions). I was wondering what size your frame is (mines Med), because I think it may only work in the 170 on size Large and up.

Are you talking to me?

say what?

Quote Originally Posted by ADUB
    Congrats on the new Gemini, you're going to be stoked on it. I got a Gemini 3K about two months ago and am very pleased. One problem though--the Swinger reservior hits the frame in the 170mm position (I've tried it in all four positions). I was wondering what size your frame is (mines Med), because I think it may only work in the 170 on size Large and up.
    What does Cannondale have to say about that one?
    gfy

mtbr member

Shock hits?

I was wondering how your shock hits. It's wierd because on the Cannondale site the shock is setup with the SPV resevoir pointing down and at towards the swingarm. But on most pics I've seen and at the dealerships the resevoirs are forward and up? What's the deal? Wanting to get a Gemini 2000 in the near future. The one I've seen is with the res pointing forward and up, and it's mabey an 1/8 away from the frame in the 170 position.

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004

... and if we just ... Shock Placement

Mine is a small frame, somewhere I have seen the setting for each frame, I think its on the Cannondale website for the Gemini, I'm about to have delivery of a 400lbs spring whereas the stock came with a 500lbs spring so I've been going fairly fast on it, but I feel I will be that bit faster when I get the right shock spring. I still say that its the best bike I have had so far, even better than my 04 S-works enduro, can't say whether I will ever want a multiple pivot bike again, to be honest this bike will be with me for a long long time.