mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Fully sus V hardtail

Hey y'all, lets get something going.

In regards to XC riding, full suspension is for wimps! i mean, come on, flick the back end up,and jump roots and stuff, and nothing climbs like a hardtail, ok, some rear shocks have lockout, but do you really want to climb XC with your rear shock locked out, causing stress? nah, hardtail guys n gals, lighter overall, less sprung weight, less maintenance, and spec for spec, less cost. Any opinions"

Also, wanna say thanks to everyone, just purchased my F800 couple of weeks back, (was originally looking at getting another Trek), based upon a lot of research, mostly from reading entries in the 'Cannondale' forum. Its good to get shop advice,but nothing beats advice from owners who use the bikes.

The bike is superb, especially the lefty, but the frame aint half bad either, so thanks people.

To all you yanks out there: May the wings of liberty never lose a feather.

Peace.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    You made a wise choice. Cannondale always have been the masters in alu. Some of the two best builders out of the us where Cannondale and Klein. I always went for Klein over cannondale just cos of the fact of the wild paint jobs. Now I am back with cannodale after Klein have gone Trekky.

I like the F4000sl and have always been a hardtrail rider, I tested a Mantra once and it was like riding a circus bike. So that put me off purchasing a full susp. But last week I went into a local bike shop and saw a scalpel in the flesh. I was like omg they look sweet. And I have arranged a test ride later this year. The shop owner told me full susp has come on along way since the Mantra days. The scalpel also has the option or locking out which I find could suit me well.

So now this is a pain as I am liking the team scalpel which is like over the f4000sl lol. It could all come down to a test ride and the bank manager.

Are you talking to me?

THe team frame...

Quote Originally Posted by KleinAttitude
    You made a wise choice. Cannondale always have been the masters in alu. Some of the two best builders out of the us where Cannondale and Klein. I always went for Klein over cannondale just cos of the fact of the wild paint jobs. Now I am back with cannodale after Klein have gone Trekky.

I like the F4000sl and have always been a hardtrail rider, I tested a Mantra once and it was like riding a circus bike. So that put me off purchasing a full susp. But last week I went into a local bike shop and saw a scalpel in the flesh. I was like omg they look sweet. And I have arranged a test ride later this year. The shop owner told me full susp has come on along way since the Mantra days. The scalpel also has the option or locking out which I find could suit me well.

So now this is a pain as I am liking the team scalpel which is like over the f4000sl lol. It could all come down to a test ride and the bank manager.
    Uses a Cannondale oversized bb/crank combo. I am not sure if this is a good or bad thing. I am sure the Si cranks are sweet, but What about 2 years down the line. THe bb shell is dedicated on the Team frame.
    gfy

Huge Tracts of Land
    I have always being pleased with the ride, feel and durability of C'Dale Hartdtails - ever since they started the Volvo Racing Team the frames have been fantastic

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    So now this is a pain as I am liking the team scalpel which is like over the f4000sl lol. It could all come down to a test ride and the bank manager.[/QUOTE]

Don't do the test ride. It'll cost you. I was ok with my old C'dale HT test riding other XC FS's but then I rode the scalpel and now I'm poorer...