mtbr member
    Nov 2005

FSA V-Drive bearings

The bottom bracket bearing on my Prphet 700-SL which is an FSA V-Drive has just gone bang on the chain ring side after 12 months
    Can anyone tell me what i need to get and where from in the UK
    Do i also need to get the plastic inner and outer piece that has split
    Thanks
    Glen

Drink...sleep
    Get the enduro bearings and sealkit @ enduroforkseals.com. I have them on my Prophet, and they sure are a lot better than the FSAs (esp. the different sealing system is superior). They're quite cheap too at 16 dollars IIRC.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Had the same BB, a cracked plastic ring. The lbs replaced it with RaceFace, which also lasted a year before the bearings died.
    I bougth a new FSA BB, and mailed FSA in Italy to get a replacement o-ring which was worne out. They sent me for free both plastic cups, a lot of spacers, the o-rings (the one with a rubber seal on it) and info of how to replace the bearings when they wear out. No bearings of course.
    Great service from FSA, guess they can help you too.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Boozzz
    Get the enduro bearings and sealkit @ enduroforkseals.com. I have them on my Prophet, and they sure are a lot better than the FSAs (esp. the different sealing system is superior). They're quite cheap too at 16 dollars IIRC.

Thanks Boozzz i went and ordered a set from the US and they arrived in around 1 week
    Excellent service
    Did you put the small seal on the inside of the bearing?
    I think mine seems to run smoother for some reason without it and the outer seal seems to fit tighter giving a better seal.

Thanks
    Glen

Drink...sleep
    Quote Originally Posted by nightvision rider
    Thanks Boozzz i went and ordered a set from the US and they arrived in around 1 week
    Excellent service
    Did you put the small seal on the inside of the bearing?
    I think mine seems to run smoother for some reason without it and the outer seal seems to fit tighter giving a better seal.

Thanks
    Glen
    Hey Glen,
    No, I only used the orange/brownish seal, not the smaller blue one. Don't know why they put the blue one in actually. The manual doesn't even mention it. So you're right to leave it out.
    Regards,
    Daan