mtbr member
    Feb 2011

FS 29er-Anyone have details?

I've heard that Cannondale will have a FS 29er out this summer. Does anyone have details about the frame material, dimension, fork, etc? I'm 6'4" and 250 lbs. and I'm hoping that the lefty isn't the only option.

I don't know if I will be able to wait or just go with a Rumblefish, SJ FSR or Rip9 sooner so I can ride a new bike for more of the season.

Thanks in advance for any details or sneak pics!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    This has been going on for years. It's like the greatest marketing campaign ever, except that Cannondale didn't have to lift a finger to get it in motion. Every Spring the same rumors crop up, and nothing ever materializes.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I heard from a rep that it will not be announced until after summer, I think he was mentioning Sept. He gave some details about the bike and how it'll be "The hot thing of 2012". At least it seems realistic. He did state he was *on* the bike however.

Personally I wouldn't wait if I needed a bike, I'd be buying something available. Even if they were "available" in the summer and you ordered it it would be a four month lead time.

He did state they'll have aluminum versions for roughly 2k up to some very high end options.

-Steve in NJ

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Thanks. I thought it would be later than this summer for it to hit the market.

26er
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermiss
    Thanks. I thought it would be later than this summer for it to hit the market.
    Based on the Jekyll which was announced early last summer and I ordered one in September you likely won't see it until January of 2012 for top of the line Carbons and summer of 2012 for aluminum. Be ready to wait a long time.
    Live to ride!

Cannondale Jekyll Carbon 1
    Cannondale Trigger Carbon 2
    Transition Bottle Rocket
    Niner MCR 29er Hardtail

FIRENZE rulez !!
    rumours say :

a FS 29er

not a Scalpel suspension scheme

with and without Lefty

presentation in july

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Cannondale missed the boat on this one by a mile. All they can offer now is a Lefty equipped FS 29er. With a Project 321, you can put a Lefty on any FS 29er- Niner, Giant, Fisher, SC... They lost their cutting edge "edge" a while back. Too bad if what was said is true, because a Scalpel-style bike would be a niche that is largely unfilled.