mtbr member
    Aug 2010

front derailleur options

Hey guys i'm new to the forum. I just bought a cannondale scalpel 2 carbon frame and about building it myself, Im trying to find a good front front derailleur to match my SRAM
    X.0 9-speed, ive been trying to find some reviews online but having trouble. what do you guys think?

mtbr member
    Hi,i have two questions :whats the measure of the front derailleur and measure of the bottom non bb30 ?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    there is no front derailleur yet, I just bought a frame, and I wont actually have the frame til later this week so nothing can be measured on it. I just need to find a good front derailleur what will match what I'm running in the rear. An SRAM X.O 0-speed rear derailleur, an X-O PG-990 cassette. Also do you recommend a med or long cage?

mtbr member
    medium cage for rear ,i was asking because i want to buy to mine and im not sure about these measures ,post pics when is finished ,congrats .

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Hi, there is no XO front derailleur so you need to run either a Sram X9 or XX (expensive) or Shimano XT or XTR. I run a X9 on my Taurine and found it to be solid and reliable. Whichever option you go bear in mind you have a choice of Top pull or Bottom pull as well as different tube sizes.

mtbr member
    the scalpel is bottom pull and you need a 31.8mm diameter. X9, XT or XTR is the way to go. You can also look at road front dees if you are running a double and want to save some weight.

its all in here - http://www.cannondale.com/usa/usaeng...plement_en.pdf

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    ya, I was looking into the XT, thanks