mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Front Der on Rush

Just wondering if anyone knows what size the front der. is on the rush? I have a frame on order and want to order some parts but I'm not sure what size clamp the front der. has to be. Also I'm wondering what the size the bottom bracket is, is BB size standard now or do I need to know what size to get, I know there used to be several sizes but it's been a while since I built my last bike?

USED2COULD
    Quote Originally Posted by Mt. Biker
    Just wondering if anyone knows what size the front der. is on the rush? I have a frame on order and want to order some parts but I'm not sure what size clamp the front der. has to be. Also I'm wondering what the size the bottom bracket is, is BB size standard now or do I need to know what size to get, I know there used to be several sizes but it's been a while since I built my last bike?
    Not of much use because this isn't definitive.

But with a 27.2 seat post - I'd suggest the front der. to be 28.6

EDIT - I'm second guessing myself now - 31.8 is probably more like it, 0.7mm wall thickness sounds a little on the slender side for a mounting point.
    Last edited by NS2000X; 11-10-2005 at 11:58 AM.

Are you talking to me?

It depends.

Quote Originally Posted by Mt. Biker

It may have changed, but I thought the front mechs were 34mm units. DanGerous? Do you know?

What type of cranks are you using/buying?
    gfy

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by damion
    It may have changed, but I thought the front mechs were 34mm units. DanGerous? Do you know?

What type of cranks are you using/buying?
    I'm not sure, I haven't even seen a Rush with my own eyes yet. I thought it would be the same as with other Cannondales but if you look at this picture, there is a sleeve under the clamp...

Looks pretty small, standard for a Cannondale.
    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 11-10-2005 at 10:12 AM.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    I'm not sure, I haven't even seen a Rush with my own eyes yet. I thought it would be the same as with other Cannondales but if you look at this picture, there is a sleeve under the clamp...
    It's 31.8, standard Cannondale size. Shimano now makes just one size of FD and you adjust it by those sleeves.

LA CHÈVRE
    There you go! Case solved.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Check out page 22 of this link.

http://www.cannondale.com/Asset/iu_f...7_OMS_RUSH.pdf

Here is the setup for each BB and crank that Cannondale uses.

http://www.cannondale.com/Asset/iu_f...SETUP_rev2.pdf

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Cool, thanks for the info, I'm in the process of ordering parts so when my bike gets here I'll be able to put it together. I haven't totally decided what I'm going with yet, for now I think I'll go relatively cheap and upgrade as I can afford it. Someone asked about cranks, I want to go with the new XT cranks, but for now I may get something cheaper that I could later put on my other bike when I upgrade to the XT.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Mt. Biker - I'm looking at doing the same thing and would be curious to know the specifics of how you are spec-ing it, if you feel like telling...... I haven't decided on frame color quite yet, tho my LBS assures me they verified they can do the blue. So its blue with no frame trade allowed vs. BTC w/ frame trade. That aside, my first decision will have to be which Lefty and then on from there. Unfortunately my V-braked GT i-drive won't be able to donate anything but a seat and post - and I'm not sure about the seatpost yet So any particular items that you run across to avoid or to embrace would be great to hear about. TIA

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ToastR
    Mt. Biker - I'm looking at doing the same thing and would be curious to know the specifics of how you are spec-ing it, if you feel like telling...... I haven't decided on frame color quite yet, tho my LBS assures me they verified they can do the blue. So its blue with no frame trade allowed vs. BTC w/ frame trade. That aside, my first decision will have to be which Lefty and then on from there. Unfortunately my V-braked GT i-drive won't be able to donate anything but a seat and post - and I'm not sure about the seatpost yet So any particular items that you run across to avoid or to embrace would be great to hear about. TIA
    Well for now I don't really have the money to build the bike the way I want it, so for now I'm going with XT deraileurs front and back (you can find the 05 versions cheap online since they have new models for 06) and xt rapid fire shifters (I like them way better than the dual controls, and I already have a set on my other bike, it will get LX triggers and the XT will go on my rush) and XT cassette. I'll probably go with the LX cranks for now, to save some money but still get a light set of cranks with the new external berring design eventually they will go on my old bike and the rush will have the XT cranks, the XTR is way more expensive and only a tiny bit lighter. I'm going with Avid mechanical disks to start, I want hydros eventually, possibly el camino's, but the avids work good and are a lot cheaper for now. Right now I'm not getting a lefty, I'm sticking with my Marzocchi marathon fork, it works good and I already have it (they make headsets to use standard 1-1/8" forks in the 1.5" head tube of the rush). In the future I'll probably upgrade to the fox lefty with the stable platform (I don't like the regular lefty's with the manatou internals as much as my marzocchi so if i go lefty it will be with the fox internals, which I test road and realy like), but I'm guessing that will be a while down the road because I'm guessing it's really expensive. Eventually I may try out the sram trigger shifters and X.0 rear der, I've never tried their stuff so I am still undecided which way to go, for now I'm going with what has worked great for me and is cheap due to it being last years model. As for wheels, I picked up a cheap set of wheels with deore hubs and sun rims, when I can afford it I will have some good wheels built and use the deore's as a backup set, probably throw some smoother rolling tires on them and use them for in town riding with my good rims for offroad.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Thanks for sharing the info I like the XT rapidfire really well also, but was under the impression I couldn't use them in conjunction with a disc brake setup. Perhaps that just applies to hydro discs.... I'm starting the wheel decisions first, but I'll have to figure out the der. thing soon too - I'll have to look for some of those '05 deals.

Are you talking to me?

Sure you can.

Quote Originally Posted by ToastR
    Thanks for sharing the info I like the XT rapidfire really well also, but was under the impression I couldn't use them in conjunction with a disc brake setup. Perhaps that just applies to hydro discs.... I'm starting the wheel decisions first, but I'll have to figure out the der. thing soon too - I'll have to look for some of those '05 deals.
    If you want to use shimano discs, you need older xt or deore levers. (without the shifter) From there, you are free to use the rapidfire triggers.
    gfy

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Hmmm. Thats something to think about.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    You can use mechanical disks if you have the xt triggers that are integrated with brake levers for v-brakes. I have the stand alone trigger pods as mentioned above and a set of avid brake levers that I'm using with the avid mechanicals. If you look around online I've found some great deals on the shifters, there are lots of closeout deals since shimano has changed a lot of stuff for 06, they have lots of 05 or older stuff pretty cheap. If you get the emails that let you know when someone posts to this site, take a look at the bottom where they have links to good deals from the site sponsors, I've found some killer deals that way.

Members who have read this thread: 0