mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Free sex, alchohol and money

ok, now that ive got your attention....................., i really need help on a little dilemma ive got on which hardtail bike to buy. ive got about 1100 dollars to spend and was wondering which was a better bike, the specialized rockhopper pro disc, or the cannondale f600. i would be riding the bike down mountains but my main desire is to go fast and to be able to climb. Help would be ,uch appreciated, thx alot.
    O, and by the way, im also open to any other kind of hardtail in that price range. Although the only dealers around where i live are specialized, cannondale and trek.
    Also, im 6' 3'' and slightly about 190ish pounds and i was wodering what size i should get

thx much

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    both are good bikes in my opinion, but ide choose a hand welded frame from the us and a head shock over the specialized. ide never buy a trek.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Go with the Specialized! I'm 6' and my 19" is perfect for me. Some might say I'm border line but it's all personal preference. You're standing 6'3" I think you fit a 19" just right.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kingtriplet
    ok, now that ive got your attention....................., i really need help on a little dilemma ive got on which hardtail bike to buy. ive got about 1100 dollars to spend and was wondering which was a better bike, the specialized rockhopper pro disc, or the cannondale f600. i would be riding the bike down mountains but my main desire is to go fast and to be able to climb. Help would be ,uch appreciated, thx alot.
    O, and by the way, im also open to any other kind of hardtail in that price range. Although the only dealers around where i live are specialized, cannondale and trek.
    Also, im 6' 3'' and slightly about 190ish pounds and i was wodering what size i should get

thx much
    Go with F600, you can get the 2006 model now which has upgraded Headshok cartridge from Magura that let's you tune the rebound. I think that it's pretty good deal, I ordered one for my GF (in RAW) and I will just get new wheels (Hope hubs + Mavic rims) and better crankset. Oh and flat bars as she is used to barends.

I think that you should probably get large size frame, she's 178cm (5.8') and also getting a large frame. Medium is just too small for her LONG legs.

LA CHÈVRE
    I'd take the F600 but just in case, try to take a spin with all the bikes you're interested in before deciding.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    I would say F600, as that is what I went to buy (being Crazy Cdale loyal) but somehow the wife let me walk Out with a Prophet 600, go figure
    T

Members who have read this thread: 0