Thread: Frame Set

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Frame Set

Has any one ordered a frame set from Cannondale.
    I'm thinking about ordering a BBQ jekyll frame with the Lefy Max TPC+. and building the rest of the bike my self.
    I guess the lefty would come attached to the frame so I wouldn't need to but the headset.
    Using mail order if I have my calculations right I can build it up with XT spec. for under the price of a Standard Jekyll 1000.
    Are there any problems that I could run into ? I assume all running gear is standard except for the left front hub.

mtbr member
    I'm not trying to question your budgeting, but what are you able to get the frame and lefty tpc for, i assume your getting the ti spring too. Because i've considered that, but never even came close to the cost of the instore pre built bikes. I assume your comparing to the jekyll 1000, and then adding the xt crankset?

Are you talking to me?

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner
    Has any one ordered a frame set from Cannondale.
    I'm thinking about ordering a BBQ jekyll frame with the Lefy Max TPC+. and building the rest of the bike my self.
    I guess the lefty would come attached to the frame so I wouldn't need to but the headset.
    Using mail order if I have my calculations right I can build it up with XT spec. for under the price of a Standard Jekyll 1000.
    Are there any problems that I could run into ? I assume all running gear is standard except for the left front hub.
    Even at a pro-deal, you will have a rough time matching the price of a pre-built. What is the $ on the Lefty Max, the front hub and the frameset alone? If you order the frame, and the fork, the fork will not be installed. Are you adding the cost of the wheel build?
    gfy

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Frameset

The cannondale frame set is 1199 if you exchange an old frame (doesn't have to be a cannondale). Not sure what the price would be in $.
    I went through a Mountain bike magazine and and picked all the parts from mail order and totalled up all the prices. I was banking on the fork coming attacthed to the frame, so if this is not the case a Cannondale headset will need to be added. I also have left off the lefty front hub as I haven't got a price for that. I'm still only thinking about it in theory.
    If it doesn't work out, I guess I'll wait until the 2005 bikes come out and see if I can get a good deal on a 2004 J 1000.

Are you talking to me?

No fork on the Frameset.

The cannondale frame set is 1199 if you exchange an old frame (doesn't have to be a cannondale). Not sure what the price would be in $.
    I went through a Mountain bike magazine and and picked all the parts from mail order and totalled up all the prices. I was banking on the fork coming attacthed to the frame, so if this is not the case a Cannondale headset will need to be added. I also have left off the lefty front hub as I haven't got a price for that. I'm still only thinking about it in theory.
    If it doesn't work out, I guess I'll wait until the 2005 bikes come out and see if I can get a good deal on a 2004 J 1000.
    The fork will not come with the frameset. The headset will. THe headset bearings are the same for a Lefty or a Fatty. The Lefty front hub is $90.00 retail. Good luck with the search.
    gfy

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Lefty

The Lefy and the manitou swinger definately come with the frame attached or not attached.
    For the basic frame and Fox shock the price is 679

Are you talking to me?

I stand corrected.

The Lefy and the manitou swinger definately come with the frame attached or not attached.
    For the basic frame and Fox shock the price is 679
    I was thinking aboout that last night. 1200 pounds did sound steep for just the frame. I do not think we can buy a frame/fork combo like that stateside. Good luck.
    gfy

ceteris paribus
    Also keep in mind that if the Cdale bike is not assembeled by an authorized Cdale dealer then the warranty is void, and that's not cool.

Are you talking to me?

That is typical.

Quote Originally Posted by xctico
    Also keep in mind that if the Cdale bike is not assembeled by an authorized Cdale dealer then the warranty is void, and that's not cool.
    Most large companies are covering their arses that way. I can not blame them.
    gfy