Dan

Frame Pivot guard

Hi All,

Well I guess I just don't know what to search for because I 'm not returning anything even close to what I'm looking for.
    I would like to know what you call the guard that mounts to the bottom of the bottom tube right in front of the pivot on my Profet?
    One fella said its a bottle cage mounting location but I'm still getting a chuckle out of that one haha.
    I saw one photo a few weeks ago and didn't save the website but I know its for some sort of deflector plate or something.

Thanks Ride Safe, Dan

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Are you sure it wasn't a mud flap you saw? The fella was correct, that is a bottle mount on the Prophet. Refer to the pics in this link.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...44056#poststop
    Last edited by jdinsj; 02-15-2011 at 09:57 AM.
    2014 Cannondale F29 Carbon 3
    2009 GT Peace 9R SS
    2008 Cannondale Prophet 4, Lefty Max TPC

Dan
    Is that to say theres a special cage? It seems to me the cage would interfere with the front der cable.

Thanks for the link. No it wasn't the mud flap from the front tire. I spoke to a friend a moment ago and he said theres an after market rock deflector that will go in place of the bottle cage. It is made of kevler and wraps under the bb to just behind the pivot.

Thats still a funny place for a water bottle haha. hope its a dust/dirt/mud free ride or your water would taste like bunghole haha
    Last edited by mhmacw; 02-15-2011 at 10:11 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    No special cage. I installed a cage there on my Prophet for 1 ride. Fell out twice and I dropped the bottle trying to place it back in the cage. Camelbak solved that.
    2014 Cannondale F29 Carbon 3
    2009 GT Peace 9R SS
    2008 Cannondale Prophet 4, Lefty Max TPC

Dan
    I think im gonna keep looking for the bash plate. if i cant find one soon im gonna make one

My spoon is too big!
    This one is available for the Ibis Mojo HD. There is probably something similar out there that will work on the Prophet.

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Ridin' dirty!
    Looks like that Mojo deflector might fit a Prophet or a Rush as well....how much does cost?
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom "Leftified" Delta V

Dan
    looks like around 30 bucks. i was just reading a trials forum and they are making their own out of pvc and painting it to match. nice ones too. and it only cost about 2.50 and a half hour of work

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mhmacw
    Hi All,

Well I guess I just don't know what to search for because I 'm not returning anything even close to what I'm looking for.
    I would like to know what you call the guard that mounts to the bottom of the bottom tube right in front of the pivot on my Profet?
    One fella said its a bottle cage mounting location but I'm still getting a chuckle out of that one haha.
    I saw one photo a few weeks ago and didn't save the website but I know its for some sort of deflector plate or something.

Thanks Ride Safe, Dan
    I use the underside mounting bolt(s) for water bottle placement on both my Prophet and Carbon Rush. (I am not a backpack guy).

That location serves several benefits for me.

The water bottle when full has less of an impact on handling due to the lower center of gravity and more compact centralization of mass.

It helps protect the frame.

No issue with bottles falling out ever.

As to whether a guard is made I do not know. If you find one post a picture.
    Forks are for eating, Lefty's are for racing,