mtbr member

frame exchange program

so cannondale europe has a frame exchange program going on right now. does this ever happen in the states. If so anyone ever do it?
    Chance favors the prepared mind

More than somewhat.
    I did it back in 2001. I crashed an F3000sl and bent the top tube. "Exchanged" it for another F3000sl frame. I am buddy buddy with the shop and turns out they don't even send the frames back to Cannondale (didn't back then anyways), so the shop let me keep the frame and I turned it into a town bike.

It's only a slight discount off of a new Dale.

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress
    I did it back in 2001. I crashed an F3000sl and bent the top tube. "Exchanged" it for another F3000sl frame. I am buddy buddy with the shop and turns out they don't even send the frames back to Cannondale (didn't back then anyways), so the shop let me keep the frame and I turned it into a town bike.

It's only a slight discount off of a new Dale.
    So they dont't melt the old frames to make new ones!

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    So they dont't melt the old frames to make new ones!
    I changed my Cannondale SuperV Carbon 4 years ago for my current Jekyll. My shop tried the same, but since it was still in mint condition, it is now put in the museum in Oldenzaal Netherlands. apparantly there were not a lot of those SuperV's with a good carbon rear around :-(

As far as I know there are 2 frame trade-in programs in Europe: you can always trade-in your current cannondale frame for a new one and get a limited discount on a new cannondale frame and one they have done a couple of times where you can trade-in any brand of frame and get a discount on a new cannondale frame.

mad aussie
    All Cannondale dealers in the USA are able to do a frame exchange. You can exchange any frame as long as you are the original owner. I exchanged a CAAD 8 dented in a crit wreck for my Carbon Rush frame. What happens in the Cannondale rep comes to the shop and enters the frame serial number into the data base as exchanged. The rep usually doesnt want the frame so the shop keeps it. If the frame is broken we usually cut through the chainstays and send it to aluminum recycling!

Kevin

mtbr member
    Just to add... The discount is 25% percent off the retail cost of the new frame. They do this with lefties too. (this is in the US anyway)