i am, therefore, i ride

Fox Terralogic Dropped?

I heard that Fox will discontinue all Terralogic and X Series. I am about to buy a Lefty TT with Fox Terralogic Internals..... inertial valve technology. If Fox will discontinue all Terralogic and X Series, what will happen to the Lefties with Fox internals?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nico2me
    I heard that Fox will discontinue all Terralogic and X Series. I am about to buy a Lefty TT with Fox Terralogic Internals..... inertial valve technology. If Fox will discontinue all Terralogic and X Series, what will happen to the Lefties with Fox internals?
    Why should anything happen to the Lefties? They are supplied by C'dale, not Fox. Fox also keeps spare parts for a couple of years after the EOL.
    Probably C'dale will update their lefty line as well.

LA CHÈVRE
    Cannondale don't use the Terralogic internals in their Lefty anymore. If you find one, it's a 2006 or older.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    I can't claim to know your tastes, but I'd personally avoid that stuff like the plague. It's all cool in concept, but it is a royal pain to work on, frequently has issues, and feels like poo (but that's just my opinion!) Get a DLR2 and lock it out when you need to, pushing around a locked out fork 85% of the time, just seems a waste of energy
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith
    feels like poo
    So it's super soft when warm, stiff when it's cold?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    So it's super soft when warm, stiff when it's cold?

Bingo! Hmmm, when's lunch?

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith
    Bingo! Hmmm, when's lunch?
    I don't know. But I think I just lost mine.

i am, therefore, i ride
    Well.... thanks for the info and input. I was considering buying one from a friend who is replacing it with a DLR2.... now I see why !

mtbr member

Oh No!

Mendon- your scaring me. My Fox Terra on my 2006 Scalpel has been great so far. I had planned on shipping it to you at the end of season for bi-annual service. I had hoped it would be around for a while- but man that new Scalpel sure looks good

Quote Originally Posted by Wick
    Mendon- your scaring me.

Well, if you already own it, I'm not saying dump it. On the other hand, for those considering one, I'd say stay away, but that has as much to do with my personal feelings about the concept, as it does with actual problems that exist. Fox is actually moving away from it too, if that's any indication as to it's product shelf life. There are plenty of rabid fans out there though, so if you want to move on in a year or 3, you'll find anxious buyers

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

LA CHÈVRE
    Fox stopping making Terralogic forks is not due to problems with it, the patent is owned by Specialized and you know the big S, they are more interested in suing other companies and charging royalties for their patents, even if they usually never created the technology...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Fox stopping making Terralogic forks is not due to problems with it, the patent is owned by Specialized and you know the big S, they are more interested in suing other companies and charging royalties for their patents, even if they usually never created the technology...

Actually, I did know that, I didn't make that clear though. It still makes things tough for those who already own the product, as now they can expect a clear timeframe before parts are no longer made.....

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

italian globetrotter
    Aug 2006

Smile terralogic is not evil - could be a deal indeed!

dear friends,

it's 6 months I use my terralogic of 2006. Well I will report that Ii am very glad with it and i am sorry that this product has been discontinued sofar.

if you buy one prepare to have a kind of logic that works for you and saying it's smart is too much!!!
    if you can accept this automatic lockout concept, you will experience a fastest XC riding, faster accellerations and rigid behaviour on the road.
    try one but prepare that kind of xperience....forget the fork that you test in the shop just pushing it down!!
    my forks works great and till now no hangouts.. (full open or closed) maybe because i use it regularly...

many people don't like it ad i can even agree their reasons, but you can get good deals and belive me you will miss it for sure!!
    My suggestions are to get one from 2006 -new- (not 2005 model) and try to get used to it. If you don't like you can sell it in the time you say "lefty!!"

see you