Thread: Fox Shock help

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Fox Shock help

hi there,

i went to adjust the pressure ( as it has lost a butt load of air) on my trusty fox float yesterday and noticed that the schrader valve was full of oil. is something wrong with this picture? is it serious, or just an expensive trip to the LBS

Cheers

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I had the same thing happen to my Rush last year. It turns out that Fox was shipping a bunch of bad RP3's. Hopefully you don't have to send it in for a warranty. Those guys can take a month or two to turn around a shock (and manage to blame the consumer along the way). Go Fox!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I have a similar issue on my one month old RP3 - losing air, leaking oil. Should I just send it to Push and avoid the Fox warranty aggravation?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I had the oil in the valve on two Float R's (stock) and two RP3 (upgrades), but never had a problem with air loss or performance. I think the oil is normal for a shock mounted "upside down" like the Rush. Remember, Fox does say to put a little oil in the valve to lube the inside of the cylinder when you service the shock, so it only makes sense that it settle in the bottom, or top, rather of an inverted shock.