mtbr member

Fox Fork on a Scalpel

First off, let me say that I am a fan of the Lefty and think it is a great fork, but I have a female friend that is interested in a Fem Scalpel and has reservations about the Lefty. She admits they are mostly mental, but really doesnt want one on her bike. So, without trying to convince me or her about how good they are (since I am a believer already), I am hoping someone can help me out.

Does anyone know the A-C and the rake of the lefty Speed carbon SL?

I am trying to convince her to buy the Scalpel, use reducer cups or the King devolution headset that allows for 1 1/8 fork in 1.5 frame, and run a fox fork.

I am concerned about altering the geometry too much, but think a Fox 100mm travel fork would work well if the A-C and the rake are not too far off.

I am thinking she could sell the "new" lefty off her Scalpel and have enough to pay for the Fox.

Thanks - Rob
    Ride Your Bicycle

What It Be ?
    I am running an 08 Reba on my 06 Scalpel team. Never had the Lefty snagged the frame off fleabay. Had a cheapo Sid lying around before this fork. Geometry feels fine. With the Sid it felt scary and super twitchy on the downhills, Reba it fells perfect and no funny hubs

mad aussie
    Fox 100 would give the same A-C as the Lefty 110. Alternatively if she cant take the idea of one leg what about getting a Fatty? Its light, and I honestly think it would work well with the Scalpel rear end that feels more like 80mm than 100mm anyway.

Kevin

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Wombat
    Fox 100 would give the same A-C as the Lefty 110. Alternatively if she cant take the idea of one leg what about getting a Fatty? Its light, and I honestly think it would work well with the Scalpel rear end that feels more like 80mm than 100mm anyway.

Kevin
    The Headshock may be a good idea. Does anyone know if the Headshock and the Lefty Speed have similar specs in terms of rake and A-C?

Thanks - Rob
    Ride Your Bicycle

mad aussie
    The Fatty DLR has the same A-C and offset as the Lefty 110, so it would handle the same. It would look a lot better, they always look a little strange with a small diameter fork plugged into that oversized headtube.

Kevin

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Fatty on Scalpel, I had the same idea lately...

... see this thread, with pictures.

So, who's a keen photoshopper ...