mtbr member

Fox float rp23 tuning

is each fox float rp23 tuned differently from the factory or are they all the same?

LA CHÈVRE
    They should be pretty much the same. Some bike companies sometimes have them custom valved for a specific bike though... If you don't mind, why do you ask?

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    i was just curious do you know if the prophets that come with the fox float r come with custom valving?

Ridin' dirty!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1104
    i was just curious do you know if the prophets that come with the fox float r come with custom valving?
    I believe it depends on your frame size...
    My M frame came with the middle platform setting (It's marked on the shock) a large frame comes with the same shock, but with a stiffer platform valving since a bigger frame will most likely be ridden by a heavier person.
    Small frames come with a shock that have less platform damping.
    All I can say though is what shock came with my bike and the rest... I read it in a post before.
    So, don't take my word for it... although it perfectly makes sense to me
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom "Leftified" Delta V

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Yep - my large Rush cam with 'firm' pro-pedal damping (since swapped for a shock with medium pro-pedal since I don't weigh that much).

mtbr member
    I think all the same size shocks are the same. The bars that are marked on the can refer to the suggested propedal platform that is recommended for the the bike it is on. There are three platform settings on the shock and there are three different length bars on the can. The middle one is the 2 position and I think the short bar is the 1 position and the long bar is the 3 position. I'm sure you can look up the manual on fox's website.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I don't think that is the case. I have had 3 different fox shocks with different "pro-pedal tunes" (as indicated by the sticker).
    Some definitely have more pro-pedal than others, no mater which setting is slected on the lever.

mtbr member
    I just got back from a local bike shop and the guys were very helpful explaining all that. From what I got out of the conversation, the things that come into play when buying the shock are, the bike, your weight, and what your looking for in regards to shock handling. They mentioned valving.

mtbr member
    hey thanks for all the help guys