mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Fox Float for C-Dale Jekyll

Does anyone have a part number for the Fox Float RL that fits the C-Dale Jekyll, looking for the one that has the threaded shock body with the trunion, called my lbs and they were clueless

Thanks for the help David N

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    AFAIK, you can't get them from Fox any more. Part #'s aren't really relevant either, since it's such a unique product. You simply need to know if you have an early bike (pre 2004) therefore shorter travel and shock body, or a later one, which has more travel and a longer shock body. The later ones also offer fit for the Manitou Swinger 3 way that some upper models came with.

If you don't know, the easiest ID method is the trunion arms, the frame members that the shock is mounted inside of. Pre '04, they were straight, post, the drop slightly at the mid point, creating a V shape.

eBay is your friend.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

(he thinks he can)
    May 2009
    I've got the 3way with the yoke if ur interested
    08 SS c'dale f4
    07 Prophet
    10 Yeti DJ
    Yeti Arc-x
    11 Yeti asr5-c
    ..and they place nice together!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Shock

Is it a replacement for the Fox, the reason I need this is it's going on a GT LTS 2000, I'm going to modify the trunion on the GT, sorry for being dumb, just been away from bikes for a long time not up to date with the new technoligy

Thanks David N

(he thinks he can)
    May 2009
    it's the same threaded body with a circular yoke that has the bolts mounting to it and the eyelet at the bottom. as far as I know all Jekyll shock have that type of triunion fitting that wasn't commonly used that's y u can't find them anymore. pm me and I can get u a pic and discuss things next week I'm away from the bikes right now
    08 SS c'dale f4
    07 Prophet
    10 Yeti DJ
    Yeti Arc-x
    11 Yeti asr5-c
    ..and they place nice together!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    If it helps, a friend of mine had his 2001 Jekyll shock rebuilt by Fox earlier this year at a modest cost (I think it was right around $100.00) should you find a used one with issues.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith
    AFAIK, you can't get them from Fox any more. Part #'s aren't really relevant either, since it's such a unique product. You simply need to know if you have an early bike (pre 2004) therefore shorter travel and shock body, or a later one, which has more travel and a longer shock body. The later ones also offer fit for the Manitou Swinger 3 way that some upper models came with.

If you don't know, the easiest ID method is the trunion arms, the frame members that the shock is mounted inside of. Pre '04, they were straight, post, the drop slightly at the mid point, creating a V shape.

eBay is your friend.
    could someone tell me what the trunion arms are/ ive been a roadie for years and i have been a hardtail rider for a few.. a friend gave me his barely used jekyll..i think its an 04,how do i i.d. it? i think the shock needs to be replaced so i need to learn about about this.
    thanks for any help on this.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tk1leader
    could someone tell me what the trunion arms are
    Oh, a roadie huh? No wonder......

Seriously now, they are the frame tube sections that hold the trunion, which is the black ring which is threaded onto the shock, and allows it to attach to the frame. They are more or less horizintal to the ground, and are perhaps 10 to 12 inches long. Early ones are straight, later have a downward V drop to them.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    sorry about being a 'roadie'
    now that my son is old enough to ride we spend most of our time on the trails.
    the bike i got is in decent shape,im giving it a tuneup. now i have some info on the shock i can start that.