mtbr member

fox dyad rt2 setup?

im curious to know how you guys are setup on your fox dyad rt2. what do you have dialed in for short travel and long travels? im still tweaking my rear for the GA trails.

Thanks in advance.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2013 Cannonale Jekyll 3 M

Sweater

fox dyad rt2 setup?

I've been running mine the recommended rebound settings and about 3 weight divisions below recommended.
    All out of S**** and down to my last F***

mtbr member
    I started with factory settings for pressure and rebound but after a few rides now I am going to drop the short travel pressure to the next lower setting and leave the rebound alone. I feel like I get good long travel but the short travel feels too stiff.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gcappy View Post
    I started with factory settings for pressure and rebound but after a few rides now I am going to drop the short travel pressure to the next lower setting and leave the rebound alone. I feel like I get good long travel but the short travel feels too stiff.
    Im a bit confused how you guys seem to be independently setting-up the short and long travel pressures. The positive and negative chambers affect both long and short travel at the same time, not independently. The only separate adjustments you can make are the Rebound settings for Long and Short travel modes..

Like Buzzaro, i set my positive and negative chambers 3 rows lower on the table then recommended for my weight, with Rebound as recommended.

I would suggest you buy one of these sag indicators;

Cannondale Jekyll Sag Indicator Kit - KP188/ - CannondaleExperts.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chick0 View Post
    Im a bit confused how you guys seem to be independently setting-up the short and long travel pressures. The positive and negative chambers affect both long and short travel at the same time, not independently. The only separate adjustments you can make are the Rebound settings for Long and Short travel modes..

Like Buzzaro, i set my positive and negative chambers 3 rows lower on the table then recommended for my weight, with Rebound as recommended.

I would suggest you buy one of these sag indicators;

Cannondale Jekyll Sag Indicator Kit - KP188/ - CannondaleExperts.com
    OK, I just read the manual again and you are correct. I will not be lowering just the short travel pressure. My confusion came when I read the first step in the set up procedure that tells you to switch the travel lever to the 130 setting before beginning. I was thinking I changed the travel lever for each setting. Not so. So now I am perplexed. I think the long travel feels good but the short travel feels to stiff. What do I do now?

mtbr member
    OK, I just read the manual again and you are correct. I will not be lowering just the short travel pressure. My confusion came when I read the first step in the set up procedure that tells you to switch the travel lever to the 130 setting before beginning. I was thinking I changed the travel lever for each setting. Not so. So now I am perplexed. I think the long travel feels good but the short travel feels to stiff. What do I do now?
    The short travel should feel stiff, and it should also prop up the rear of the bike. But the short travel should have some give in it, it should not feel like a lockout.

Are you riding a Trigger or Jekyll?

mtbr member
    has anyone purchased and is using the jekyll sag indicator on their bike?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mtbr member
    as i double check air spring pressure and rebound settings from the fox website:

Dyad RT2

the default rebound settings for me is 7 CCW out from closed. do i adjust the long travel from the knob all to slow and spin it 7 CCW? for the short travel rebound, should i leave it all the way to fast?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fondoo View Post
    as i double check air spring pressure and rebound settings from the fox website:

Dyad RT2

the default rebound settings for me is 7 CCW out from closed. do i adjust the long travel from the knob all to slow and spin it 7 CCW? for the short travel rebound, should i leave it all the way to fast?
    I have a sag indicator fitted to my Jekyll, and i set pressures so the sag indicator lines up. I find these pressures perfect in both long and short travel modes. Its definitely worth getting one.

Yes you turn your rebound all the way to towards slow, then turn it back 7 clicks. Do this on both short and long travel modes (you can experiment with your rebound, but i would expect between 6 and 9 clicks would be best for your pressure settings, and you can set the rebound as you feel suits best independently for each mode, i sometimes set mine higher in short travel mode if im doing a lot of smooth terrain climbing).

Also remember that the Dyad Cannondale pump can leak lots of air when taking it off the valve, so for example, if im wanting 300psi, i will pump to around 320psi knowing that i will lose a little air detaching the pump. This is where the Sag indicator become very handy, as you can check the pressures are correct. I have just ordered a Scott Pro Shock Pump (my Cannondale pump broke grrr) which is supposed to get around this problem by having a Two step valve to prevent air loss.

Just for reference, Im about 85kg in my riding gear - Positive 300psi - Negative 255psi - 8 clicks of rebound (from slow) on both Positive and Negative Chambers.

What's your weight once in your full riding gear?
    Last edited by chick0; 04-28-2013 at 06:14 PM.

mtbr member
    The short travel should feel stiff, and it should also prop up the rear of the bike. But the short travel should have some give in it, it should not feel like a lockout.

Are you riding a Trigger or Jekyll?
    Trigger 29er-1

mtbr member
    Trigger 29er-1
    I have not setup or even ridden a Trigger for that matter, but i suggest you try setting up your Dyad with less pressure in both the positive and negative chambers. Look at the suggested pressures table, and try putting the pressures in that are 2 or 3 rows below your riding weight. This method is what most Jekyll owners are doing.

mtbr member
    I have not setup or even ridden a Trigger for that matter, but i suggest you try setting up your Dyad with less pressure in both the positive and negative chambers. Look at the suggested pressures table, and try putting the pressures in that are 2 or 3 rows below your riding weight. This method is what most Jekyll owners are doing.
    I will start taking it down one notch at a time until it feels right. Thanks for all the comments. I rode again yesterday and it's just too harsh. The lefty feels good with 10-15 psi higher than recommended pressure.
    I can probably explain the need for less pressure in the shock and more pressure in the fork by stating that I have very short legs and a very long torso. Having changed out the 85mm stem for a 110. I have a lot more weight forward. I can still easily pull the front end off the ground to get over roots and rocks with no problem at all.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I am running mine a fair bit lower than the fox pressure. I'm about 92 93 kg in gear and have mine at 300 pos and 245 neg. I didn't like the steps on the fox chart, so as near as I can figure the ratio of pos to neg is 1.18 based on the standard guide. Using this you can figure the correct pos to neg between the steps on the fox chart. Has worked very well for me so far

mtbr member
    my jekyll sag indicator arrived today and i just wanted to confirm the setup. when i am off the bike, it should read at 100% and when i ride the bike, it should go down to sag. am i correct???

thanks!

fox dyad rt2 setup?-img_0698.jpgfox dyad rt2 setup?-img_0700.jpgfox dyad rt2 setup?-img_0703.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fondoo View Post
    my jekyll sag indicator arrived today and i just wanted to confirm the setup. when i am off the bike, it should read at 100% and when i ride the bike, it should go down to sag. am i correct???

thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0698.JPG 
Views:	378 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	795883Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0700.JPG 
Views:	381 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	795884Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0703.JPG 
Views:	360 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	795885

To check the sag you sit on the bike, push the sag indicator down, then put all your weight on the bike, get off carefully not to bounce the suspension. You want the Sag line to be inline with marker on the frame.

When the frame marker is in line with the 100x's line, it means you have hit full travel when riding. Its only there to show you how much travel you are using.

mtbr member
    I dropped the pressures in the rear shock two weight classes on the chart as suggested here. The bike is now super responsive on the rough stuff. It feels so much better now. This bike is rockin!!

mtbr member
    i can get the correct sag. i sat on the bike and pushed the sag indicator down to SAG and when i got off the bike, it was still on SAG.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I think it might be a misconception that you need to Fox pumps leak air when disconnecting them from forks and shocks. My understanding is that the schrader valve is closed prior to the sound of the air leaking out of the hose.

The Fox manual says: "Disconnect the pump by unthreading the chuck. The sound of air loss comes from the pump hose, not the fork."

Here's the link: WebHelp

I do have a question about the sag indicator. Does it set it to a specific amount of sag or do you just guess about 40%?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I just picked up a Trigger 29 1.
    First thing....the chart in the manual is screwed on converting bar to psi.
    I went with the suggested settings for my weight ( 165ish) and it felt good. Tried going 1 setting lower....and got pedal strikes galore ( the bike was sagging over 2 inches). I'm going to try 1 setting up latter this week.