mtbr member

Fox dyad rt2 problems

Am loving my Trigger 29er 1, but it has developed a problem
    With the rear shock. Basically, I was noticing lots of clicking coming from the shock when getting off the bike and it fully retracts. Thought it was a mount, but it wasn't. I later noticed the piston was stuck out
    About 5-8mm and the clicking was when the piston was trying to move in to its correct position. I have tried resetting with letting air out of both chambers and re- pumping up in the correct order, but no luck. The problem still persists. To get the piston in I have to virtually half the recommended air on the negative cylinder which is no good. The bike rides fine and the sag is still what it was pre problems, however, the clicking noise is a worry.
    The bike is under warranty so I guessing will end up losing it for a few weeks. Has anyone any ideas with a solution?

Thanks

Morgan

mtbr member
    Has to go to FOX and they will send you a new one. Seems some develop this. The seal between chambers is failing.

mtbr member

Fox dyad rt2 problems

Sent it to Mojo here in The UK. They said it was likely to be oil sitting in the chamber and stopping the piston moving all the way in. Will see how it comes back under warranty

mtbr member
    ....and this is why I stayed away from this suspension system .

mtbr member

Fox dyad rt2 problems

Agree, its a risk, but is brilliant in the way it works. Tracks the ground fantastically well. Better than the conventional shocks I have used which all seemed to have their own Achilles heel. I think the key is to learn to do a basic service yourself (like I have learnt to do with all other shocks).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgs010 View Post
    Agree, its a risk, but is brilliant in the way it works. Tracks the ground fantastically well. Better than the conventional shocks I have used which all seemed to have their own Achilles heel. I think the key is to learn to do a basic service yourself (like I have learnt to do with all other shocks).
    I agree. When the shock works there is nothing like it.

Problem is, there is no way to service it yourself. In fact when the seal between chambers goes FOX themselves cannot fix it but have to replace the entire shock.

mtbr member

Fox dyad rt2 problems

Problem is, there is no way to service it yourself. In fact when the seal between chambers goes FOX themselves cannot fix it but have to replace the entire shock.

I have been thinking about this as my shock is being repaired under warranty. This is a worry and I would argue that a shock that is non serviceable is not fit for purpose. A seal is a perishable item and should be serviceable.

mtbr member
    Mine was a 2013 model, hopefully the newer ones are a different design. By looking at the photos it does look like they made some changes to it.

mtbr member

Fox dyad rt2 problems

Mine is 2013 too. Interesting to see how the shock comes back.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Hello mates, first time here, to those struggling with the DYAD, I was able to get a disassembly guide, if interested, please do let me know, I will gladly email it your way. I am trying to get my hands on the re-assembly guide!!! that's the hard part ...............wait seems like I was able to upload it!.............guess not, too big.....contact me!

cheers!
    Attached Files Attached Files

26er
    The turn around with Fox is really quick. I had Fox do a two year service on the dyad after 2 years.
    Live to ride!

Cannondale Jekyll Carbon 1
    Cannondale Trigger Carbon 2
    Transition Bottle Rocket
    Niner MCR 29er Hardtail