mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Flash Ultimate Vs Flash HiMod1

Howdy,

I'm considering 2011Flash Carbon Ultimate and the Carbon Flash right below it which I think is the HiMod1, and wondering if anyone knows the approximate weight difference. I think it's about 1.5lbs but guessing. I'm also curious if the carbon rims on the ultimate are fairly strong, or have a limited life span.

It seems to be the XX vs XTR and then the different cranks otherwise.

Does anyone out there own a 2010 carbon Flash? What do you think of it?

How does it compare to the 2010 Scalpel?

Iv'e considered the high end carbon Scalpel too but that could be a whole other thread. I'm leaning toward just getting the lightest best climbing bike in the Cannondale line up which I think would be the Flash ultimate.

By the way, I'm not loaded. Someone owes me money and has a line on Cannodale at cost so it could be worse. Like not getting paid back at all!

I need to decide very soon. The order will be for the 2011 model.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Cal44; 08-25-2010 at 05:08 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    You might be hard pressed to find people with experience on those bikes due their price tags. My 2 cents would be if you can afford the Flash Ultimate go ahead and get it.

It will be a very light, and great handling bike with 110 mm of lefty travel. This is a good thing.

mtbr member
    Eliflap has the 2010 Flash and Scapel and Flash 29er and something else. I think he's away on vacation or something but he'll help you out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Thanks for the replies! I'm leaning toward the Ultimate. All 3 would be nice!

LA CHÈVRE
    My hesitation would be between the Flash Ultimate and the 2011 Scalpel Ultimate...

By the way, the DT Carbon rims are pretty tough, if you hit or damage them, the same incident would probably destroy an alloy rim.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I Agree. It's about a 2 lbs difference with the 80mm shock in the mix. Trade offs!

Good to know the rims are strong. Thanks.