mtbr member

Flash Frame issues

I just got my Flash team color frame. I got the ff problems:

1. The adaptor for the direct mount FD is not included on the frame. Its not also bundled with the shimano direct mount FD.

2. The slipping seat post.. The clamp doesn't tighten enough even when torqued correctly.

Please help.. thanks

FIRENZE rulez !!
    ask new clamp .

cannondale did a unofficial recall for early clamp , last november ... maybe your is still to be changed

on the left the fatter is the new , on the right the thinner is the one to be replaced

already replaced? use carbon mounting red gel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flash Frame issues-hpim0687.jpg  

mtbr member
    Even with the new clamp and gel people's seatposts are slipping. I switched to a Thomson clamp with the paste and no more problems. Cannondale tech guys are also recommending the Thomson.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info eliflap.

I have 1 more issue this time with the new lefty carbon SL that comes with it. When i try to reduce the air pressure , i was surprised to get a reading of zero! When i pump in air it jumps instantly to 30 then 60 etc. I tried to release air to zero again however its still very stiff. Feels like it has 90psi in it while it reads zero.
    Tried other shock pump, same result. Does anybody have same experience?

mtbr member
    Not to say you have not already tried, but you have to really twist hard to get the shrader to open up. Had the same issue.
    Highline Search Group | highlinesearch.com | LinkedIn | Outdoor & Sporting Goods Recruiters

mtbr member
    As mentioned some pumps just do not make contact with the Schrader valve. One option is to use a small ball bearing or BB between the valve and pump to reach the pin. And certain pumps work better than others. If you search through the forum you will see this issue discussed a few times and there are some pump recommendations. I find that pumps with a straight barrel, not those with the bulb type connector, usually seem to work.