mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Flash 29er w/ Niner carbon fork?

Anyone done this yet? How's it working out for you? Wheelset used in Lefty convert? I'm thinking of pulling the Lefty for winter & going this route w/ Nokian studded tires & possibly beyond w/ the Lefty going towards a new build. Just curious if function is worthy of the great reviews, hype, & looks??? Also, heard availibility is still scarce, any insight there to boot?

mtbr member
    Once my frame arrives I may well do it. Yes, I do suck at PS but you get the idea:

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I would consider this conversion, but how do you adapt the 1.125 steerer to the frame? I would imagine that pulling the headset cups out of the carbon frame to place a CC reducing headset would not only be risky, but would void the warranty. What is needed is some sort of spacer that bridges the gap between the 1.125 steerer and the 1.875 (approx.) SI bearing ID. I'm tempted to try the shims that come with a 321 adapter, but it's a pretty expensive experiment.

mtbr member
    Cannondale sell a reducer kit to downsize, part number is something like K0085 or KM085 (I dont remember exactly).

Quote Originally Posted by deuxdiesel
    I would imagine that pulling the headset cups out of the carbon frame to place a CC reducing headset would not only be risky, but would void the warranty.
    Running the frame SS and rigid voids the warranty immediately anyway...

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by driver bob

Running the frame SS and rigid voids the warranty immediately anyway...

Really?

mtbr member
    Yep, I asked them and their response was that the chainstays had never been tested for the forces that a SS rider could put thru them, likewise for the HT with a rigid fork.

I'll see how the frame holds up once I get it !!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Does Cannondale purport that single speed riders generate more power than multispeed riders?

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphod123
    Does Cannondale purport that single speed riders generate more power than multispeed riders?
    They don't generate more power, they use it differently.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by driver bob
    Yep, I asked them and their response was that the chainstays had never been tested for the forces that a SS rider could put thru them, likewise for the HT with a rigid fork.

I'll see how the frame holds up once I get it !!
    I'm sure it will be fine. My geared frame sees way more force on it when in 24/34 combo on a 30% grade than my singlespeed does...ever. Think about the chain tension pushing a 24 T chainring with all your might. That's a freakin' lot of chain tension. 25% more than what I could generate with the 32t I run on my singlespeed.
    Last edited by brentos; 10-31-2010 at 10:13 PM.
    Race Reports, PreRide Reports, and General Rambling:

www.roostersbikersedge.com
    http://www.ENVEcomposites.com

mtbr member
    I'm not worried about doing it, the "see how it holds up" comment should have had [joke][/joke] code around it !!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

C'Dale HT w/Niner fork

Anyone done this conversion? Have an 2009 C'Dale caffine HT with a lefty. Been thinking about a Niner carbon fork for something different.

Gary
    Tahoe29er