mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Flash 2010 Sizing

Ok, I am thinking of buying a 2nd hand Flash Team Carbon Ultimate 2010, medium. Only prob is I am 6 foot (183cm) with a 35" inseam. Am I pushing my luck? Havent been to try it out as its a long drive and wanted some feedback first. Help me make my mind up-the bike is a good price!

banned
    IMO it would be way too small, I am 6 foot with a 32 inseam and think most of the time I should have gotten the XL. Saddle is all the way back on the rails and almost at the minimum insertion mark with a 350mm post. They seem to run samll compared to my other bikes. (Niner and Titus)

mtbr member
    I concur that it would be way to small. I recently went through a sizing quandary with the Flash 29er carbon (see How tall are you, and what size is your Flash Carbon 29er?. I'm 6'2", ~34" inseam. I ended up going with the XL 29er, which is a bit bigger than the XL 26er. I would think that at 6' you would be between an L and an XL on the 26er.

I could have gone L or XL in the 29er, but I got to try them both and decided on the XL. I liked being a bit more stretched out, and I liked feeling like I was "in the cockpit" rather than on top of the bike. I was also within an inch of the min-insertion w/ a 400mm post on the L. XL with a short (~90mm) stem should handle nice too.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinning Lizard
    IMO it would be way too small, I am 6 foot with a 32 inseam and think most of the time I should have gotten the XL. Saddle is all the way back on the rails and almost at the minimum insertion mark with a 350mm post. They seem to run samll compared to my other bikes. (Niner and Titus)

What is your saddle height? Just curious...

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfellow Mafia
    What is your saddle height? Just curious...
    Center of BB to top of saddle is 30 inches.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinning Lizard
    Center of BB to top of saddle is 30 inches.
    Thanks - I'm about the same. You didn't say it, but I assume you're riding a large now?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfellow Mafia
    Thanks - I'm about the same. You didn't say it, but I assume you're riding a large now?
    Yep, a large - just ordered the 6+ degree stem to get the front end a little higher.