Redcoat

First project - Cannondale Prophet 1000

Hi All,
    The other day my buddy gave me (yes for free) his Cannondale Prophet 1000 Lefty. Itís been sitting for a very long time so it needs some resto but most of it is changing out some rusty pieces so itís a good project bike to do up (this will be my first). Ill also be putting new peddles, saddle on it and some other aesthetic pieces on that have been eroded over the years. It does however need a new rear suspension and new tires. Everything else is in absolute fine form including the frame and front suspension. I have cleaned it all up and it looks brand new now and when im done I think its going to be looking and riding pretty nice.

The question I have is about the front rim. Do these need to be lefty specific? When I took the front wheel off, the bolt that attaches it to the front fork seems like itís part of the rim. I have done loads of internet searches and cannot come up with one answer so I was hoping you guys could answer that for me. Reason I ask is that I have some spare good rims that I would like to install.

The spec is below is there anything else that you would swap out component wise also? I donít want to spend loads of money on it but am willing to fork out cash if the price justifies the mod.

2005 Cannondale Prophet 1000 - BikePedia

Thanks in advance for any advice.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    If by "rim" you mean the strip of aluminum that holds the tire, no, not Lefty specific.

The wheel, meaning hub with spokes holding the rim to make a unit that can be ridden (rims can't be ridden), becomes Lefty specific.

Free is good, have fun!
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

Redcoat
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith View Post
    If by "rim" you mean the strip of aluminum that holds the tire, no, not Lefty specific.

The wheel, meaning hub with spokes holding the rim to make a unit that can be ridden (rims can't be ridden), becomes Lefty specific.

Free is good, have fun!
    Apologies for my bad terminology i did mean the hub. I guess i could take the hub off and put on different rims i suppose if worth it.

Thanks for the advice!