mtbr member

First Judge Weekend

So I took it out on my local favorite trail network (Annadel in Santa Rosa, CA) on Saturday and then neighborhood steep hills yesterday. When I initially got this, I wondered why does such a rig come dual chain ring? Well, can I say - since lift access season is over - this bike pedals great. I was going up the same fire roads and areas I climbed with my Prophet (note I'm no XC uphill monster - meaning not hesitant to push up the steeps). The "3 stage" suspension that I hear Cannondale talk about is a reality. In other words, even with the Roco TST (compression) on a DH setting, I noticed almost no pedal bob. And with that exact same setting, pounding down the super rocky trails at Annadel was plush. Granted, I will move to single ring once my lift parks open back up next year; but in the mean time it's nice to have. Cornering is fantastic, and even getting bits of air over rocks isn't too cumbersome. Note that Annadel doesn't have very steep downgrades, but it is super rocky at times. And the Judge steamed right through. On the steep declines near my house, the Judge stayed stable and begged for speed. All in all, I'm very impressed with this '07 Judge 1 - spec'd stock may I add! Note that the closeout prices currently on these are $2800. Hard to beat.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I wish we have terrains for such monster up here....

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    oh, pictures! where are the pictures of this rockgulping monstrosity? sounds really fun. congrats on the new bike. stilling going for the perp&judge double setup, or staying with prophet?

mtbr member
    Yes; hopefully will be selling the Prophet soon to add a Perp to the mix...

Photos of Rough Go trail at Annadel (will post photos of the bike soon when I make my upgrades):
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    whats that trail, Rough Go?

mtbr member
    nevermind to my last comment, but Annadel is a great park favorite place to ride in Santa Rosa

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    oh, that looks fun. i could show you a photo of a really rocky trail, but i've never bothered to take any of it as i don't particularly like it. though, with a judge you would prob just feel a weird sensation of a tiny bit of movement every now and again. ;-)

and i'm contemplating commiting sacrilege here by selling both my commencal supreme fr frame and the cannondale prophet and replacing em with a santa cruz nomad frame as it is right in between the pair with the commencals big hit capabilities, but with the prophets low weight. hell, i could save a kg on the frame alone -eh, come to think of it, that's the only spot i could save any weight. we'll see how it goes.

mtbr member
    Klink, you're in Perp territory.

Yes, Duncan; Rough Go. I also love blazing down Cobblestone and the Burmas. Lawndale is loads of fun too.

Unit 91
    Thats the first thing I noticed with my Judge is how well it pedals. Everyone talks about all these suspension designs to help pedal through the rough, the Judge does just that. Very underrated bike.
    Bikes

mtbr member
    yup all great trails