mtbr member
    Nov 2013

first bike, is this a good deal?

hey all, looking to buy my first mountain bike and i found this bike for sale in my town. from the little research i did this seems like a great deal, but i wanted to get your thoughts before i go look at it.

is there anything i should look out for in damage or problems before purchase? also, i'm only 5'7 - will i be a good fit for this bike? thanks!

Cannondale KillerV 700 - $100

first bike, is this a good deal?-01.jpgfirst bike, is this a good deal?-02.jpg

Redcoat
    Cant really tell if it will fit you only you can decide that. We would also need the frame size to give you some more info on fit. Your best bet is to go view it and try it out.

Check for general wear and tear. When pedaling listen out for ticking, scraping especially when it comes to the chain. A well looked after bike will always pedal silently. if its loud and squeaky then it will be obvious it hast been lubed often and therefore more wear on the components.

compress the front shock listen for noise again if you hear noise then its not as good as it could be.

The pics arent that detailed but it looks in decent shape paint wise. This could be the case with the components also.

At the end of the day for 100 bucks what have you got t lose. go look at it, test it and if you like it, buy it.

o<o NYC pebble jumper!
    Not a bad bike for the $$$. However you may want to look into that front headshok. Those are out of date and parts would no longer be available through Cannondale. So if it were to need rebuilding, you would have to source out those parts.
    Otherwise if you were planning on replacing the fork, the great pricing would reflect on parts needed to repair.