mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Finally My Black Beauty Arrived!!!

Just picked it up!!! She weighs 27lbs. even!!! Only things i changed were the seatpost to a EC90 and rear Derailuer to an X9!!! Added carbon water bottle holders just because... Also added a Cateye wireless computer.

My first new bike in 10+ years and it was well worth the 3 month wait!!!

Here are a few pics...The pics dont do it justice but you can get the point.

SKULL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Finally My Black Beauty Arrived!!!-dsc00820_-1024_x_768-.jpg  

Finally My Black Beauty Arrived!!!-dsc00821_-1024_x_768-.jpg  

Finally My Black Beauty Arrived!!!-dsc00822_-1024_x_768-.jpg  

Finally My Black Beauty Arrived!!!-dsc00824_-1024_x_768-.jpg  

Finally My Black Beauty Arrived!!!-dsc00825_-1024_x_768-.jpg  

Finally My Black Beauty Arrived!!!-dsc00826_-1024_x_768-.jpg  

Finally My Black Beauty Arrived!!!-dsc00828_-1024_x_768-.jpg  

Finally My Black Beauty Arrived!!!-dsc00829_-1024_x_768-.jpg  

No good in rock gardens..
    Stealthy.
    My Cannondale Lefty keeps failing....

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    that is a sick looking bike

yorkshire mud monkey
    looks good but the chain has alot of sag in it
    as steve said "As long as the rotor/rivets clears the fork, a miss is as good as a mile"

mtbr member
    I like the stealth look.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    100% correct!!! On the maiden voyage somehow one of the chinlink rivets broke off so the chain is pretty much hanging there. I am taking it back on wednesday to have them fix it. Kinda pissed me off but i called my buddy at the shop and he said just bring it back and he will take care of it. Might just put a better chain on it...Ive got the upgrade bug already and i havent ridden it more than 5 miles yet.

Damn this is an expensive sport to get back into!

Quote Originally Posted by sausagedog
    looks good but the chain has alot of sag in it

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Bad ass bike. How's the ride? I'm looking at the F3, albeit in the less stealthy "team blue", for my first foray into the mountain bike world, so a review would be awesome! Oh, and definitely, enjoy it!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    So far the few miles i did ride were insane on the bike. no offroad excursions yet. Im not sure about the tires though for the street but you cant have both luxuries of a tire i guess(street and dirt)? I will run them till they need replacing and go with something different. In my very "noob" opinion its the $hit!!! As i said before i have the upgrade bug big time and am not a huge fan of the X5 shifters but again wont upgrade till i need to. I am very skeptical about the crankset as well and will upgrade those sooner than later but only when i have the money to get a nicer carbon one. (Any ideas guys?) I will be changing the pedals soon as well to another platform style but cant figure out which ones i want...
    This is my first real MTB as well and cant be happier. had the F5 on order as you can see by my screen name but after the issues i had trying to get one(it was gonna take alot longer to get the F5) i upgraded considerably to the F3 and i think it was the best decision. A very good friend manages the bike shop where i got it from so he pointed me in the right direction i just picked the color and some components. He took real good care of me!!!

You will be VERY happy with your bike when you get it.

I have ZERO regrets even though i spent twice as much as i first anticipated, But you get what you pay for and in this case you get alot!!!

SKULL

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Sweet! Your ride looks awesome. I just ordered one in Nu Blue and am so excited. Going with the same computer. I will put one some slicks for street use when I get mine (Continental Sport Contacts). Will see how the X5 shifters are and maybe upgrade to X9's.

Thank you for the post; I have been looking for real pics of this bike.

Question; Is that the handlebar that came with it? I thought it was the flat version.
    Last edited by jbenjamin1; 03-24-2010 at 05:04 PM.

FIRENZE rulez !!
    wow ... put on a carbon saddle , a seat post clamp in carbon to save some weight

loving it , however !! good result with not much money spent .

congratulations !

but the chain in the pictures

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by F5SKULL
    Im not sure about the tires though for the street but you cant have both luxuries of a tire i guess(street and dirt)? I will run them till they need replacing and go with something different.
    Are you not planning on riding on dirt much? Nevegals are fantastic for, you know, actually using it as a mountain bike.

Just a flesh wound

too clean

Where's The Dirt?!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    RYGUY79-dont get me wrong it will obviously see more dirt then street but not until i get my A$$ back in shape... Dont want to get ahead of myself. Didnt say i didnt like them, just said i wasnt sure they were real good for riding on the street. I still wont change them out till they wear out!

Jbenjamin1- That is the stock handlebar that it came with. The X5 shifters are questionable at best but for the time being i will use them unless i feel i need to change them out. I will upgrade to X9 shifters after i get some money saved up.IM MARRIED!!!

Eliflap- That was after the first ride, and yes im fairly certain it was rider error after talking to my buddy at the LBS. He did me a big favor and put a SRAM PG951 chain on it for free and know it rides flawless!!!

Gonna go get it dirty for the first time this weekend after doing some riding around my neighborhood to get myself used to it. Such a responsive bike on pavement cant wait to see how it reacts on dirt!!!

Got a few more things im gonna do to it but have to keep them quiet and away from the wife. She is already PO'd i spent that much since i was supposed to get an F5!

Thanks for the comments guys!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    It's funny I followed the path from an F5 to the F3 as well. I liked the red F5 but found the components to weak for my liking. The people at the LBS aren't crazy about the shifters either but I will try them out for the summer. I see deals in magazines for `09 X9 shifters and deraillers for around $140. But that's for down the road!

After seeing yours......man I can't wait to get mine. Hopefully next week.

Have fun this weekend and please keep us posted.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    update... just added a Lyzene tire pump, WHITE X9 trigger shifters and an XT front derailuer. will post up pics soon.

The bike is sick!!!

SKULL

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by F5SKULL
    update... just added a Lyzene tire pump, WHITE X9 trigger shifters and an XT front derailuer. will post up pics soon.

The bike is sick!!!

SKULL
    I'm looking forward to seeing photos. The black Lefty is so tough looking. Very nice bike!
    '13 Pugsley Necromancer
    '13 Bad Boy 5
    '09 F29 2
    '08 Rush SL 5Z (650b)
    '00 F2000SL

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    some more pics of the rig!!!

SKULL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Finally My Black Beauty Arrived!!!-dsc00852_-1024_x_768-.jpg  

Finally My Black Beauty Arrived!!!-dsc00853_-1024_x_768-.jpg  

Finally My Black Beauty Arrived!!!-dsc00854_-1024_x_768-.jpg  

Finally My Black Beauty Arrived!!!-dsc00855_-1024_x_768-.jpg  

Finally My Black Beauty Arrived!!!-dsc00856_-1024_x_768-.jpg  

Finally My Black Beauty Arrived!!!-dsc00857_-1024_x_768-.jpg  

Finally My Black Beauty Arrived!!!-dsc00859_-1024_x_768-.jpg