Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Finally - Hollowgram spiderless XX1 chainrings

6K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  atonyc68 
#1 ·
Hi,
Just wanted to show off few things as i know many of you have been waiting for them for a while now.

we finally made Cannondale hollowgram spiderless chainrings with proper offset and great weight. They are of course with XX1 style teeth.

Such chainring alone will save you over 30g over the xx1 ring +spider and cost less than spider itself:)

XX1 cannondale

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Ace, very pleased to see this :)

Well my bike has red bits but I can't in all honestly advise you to make it in red - green is the 'dale team colour and I think you'll sell more rings and make more people happy doing them in green.

Any idea what the wear is like on your aluminium, please? I'm currently running a 30T Sram XX1 narrow / wide ring on Hollowgram and after 500 miles it's got the "grinding" noise (caused by wear to the front slope of the teeth....though it still works fine). I'm wondering if the AB ones are any harder wearing?

#10 ·
Quick question...

Very interested in moving to Hollowgram and using your new chainring. The 32T is good for my 29'er when in "MTB mode", but I also have a 2nd wheelset and drivetrain when I ride longer distances such as offroad touring and gravel grinding. Any chance of a 36T chainring?

#18 ·
We got some feedback from people who used original one before and can say it will last you bit longer. There is no grinding noise there in our rings.
Some of the trick is in material. Because Sram rings are stamped and then machined just a bit, they have to use softer material to stamp such a shape.

We use hardest alloy currently on the market by comparison as we machine them entirely.

#26 ·
we do -6mm offset to inside. If that is still not good for you then you can mod the spacers on the axle to the desired offset - that is beauty of Hollowgram cranks:) you can have any chainline you want.

Our ring it THE lightest/most reliable on the market ....and quite cheap. If someone comes out with a lighter one we will change ours a bit more:) but for now even our Sram rings can't be beaten on weight and reliability. we have already users who have one ring for more than 2 years!!

Marcin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.