non-drama queen

Finally came in- my 08 Rush (6Z)

Well after being overdue to arrive at the LBS for 10 days , I got the call that my new bike had arrived . So far I'm loving it, though I admit my only recent comparison is a bigbox store bike so it's (needless to say) night and day.

I did change out the seat and grips... as many folks kindly recommended to this nOOb, and it definitely made a difference. The lock-on grips are nice and the seat (for it's price-range) has made a nice difference. For now, I'm going to leave the cage pedals on there because I'm as green as the grass in spring so I want to concentrate on 'everything else' right now, at least for a little while.

I've been out riding so I haven't had time to take a bunch of pics but since I got it just before nightfall on Thursday and I had to run my open mic that night anyways, I grabbed a few artsy shots for fun.

The red was DEFINITELY worth the wait.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Love that Bike n Color Combo, What is the size?

My Ole Super V may be on the way out - Cant decide between the Rush or F3...

non-drama queen
    Hey thanks!

I got a small. Originally, the LBS wanted to put me on a Femme Rush 3 in small, but after doing the research I found the small frames in guys n' girls have identical geometry... and the regular rush had (1) a way better color scheme, (2) over $100 lower price tag. After that it was an easy decision.

My boyfriend has a Super V and loves it to death. For his riding style, he's considering the Prophet next... only if this bike starts to ask for retirement so to speak. I don't think me getting a shiny new bike has helped that though, lol.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    very nice bike, love the color! Hope you have a lot of fun on it. Your boyfriend is lucky, I can't get my girlfriend on much more than a hybrid at the best of times! And yes, I would say it's a safe bet to see him on a prophet in the near future...hey, or he can always get a Rize 3 and match you.

mtbr member
    Congrats on the new bike - it's sweet!!