mtbr member
    Aug 2003

Finally arrived scalpel team

Swapped brakes for XTR setup and added pedals.

Large frame with XTR pedals weighed in at 22 lbs 14 oz. I would imagine 22 lbs even with no pedals.

Need to swap the ring for a 34T, The stock 32 is for wimps...lol

Love the XX1 stuff

mtbr member
    Aug 2003
    Added a video on you tube.

Cannondale carbon 29 scalpel team - YouTube

mtbr member
    Haha nice! Just got mines too! XL was 22lbs 12 out the box with tubes, and no pedals.
    I race for Crosshairs Cycling
    www.crosshairscycling.com

My stupid blog
    www.capitalbiker.tumblr.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2003
    Awesome ^^

unfortunately all our trails our closed (thawing out in Michigan). Did ride it around for a bit and this thing is quiet and solid. Love it.

Used to having that thud feel in an Epic so not having that anymore is pretty nice.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Got about 100 miles on mine and have been very impressed.

Oh...I must be a wimp, running a 28t ring. lol

mtbr member
    Aug 2003
    Wow, 28t. Before I change mine around, I need to get it on a trail first to see how the XX1 fits the trails around here. I came from a 32 x 32 9 Speed setup on the old bike. When riding down south I was looking for a 34 or a 36 tooth rear gear that I didn't have.

So I was thinking the 34 x 36 was the best setup for me and then still having that bailout 42 tooth.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Forgot to mention....I ride the mountains of WV-VA so opted for the 28t for those long grueling climbs.

mtbr member
    I am throwing a 36 on mine. The 32 for street and our local NOVA/MD trails is a little soft.

My stupid blog

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Any ride reports on the 2014 Team? I'm on the edge on getting into one.

thx-

mtbr member
    Loving mines!!! Still have not rode it with the Enves either. About 110 miles on it so far. Eats stairs!

My stupid blog

mtbr member
    Aug 2003

Can't ride in MI now and currently in CA. I will do a ride report later when can. Overall I am pretty impressed just by riding around the house and going down the steps.

But I will be biased as this is my first 29er. So it will be hard to do a vs comparison. I will say this though, the bike geometry is spot on for someone who wants the 26er feel on a 29er bike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by spartan23 View Post
    Any ride reports on the 2014 Team? I'm on the edge on getting into one.

thx-
    I put another 20 miles on mine yesterday. Love the way the bike feels "nimble" , stiff and responsive. The lock-out is convenient and gets used quite a bit for long smooth climbs and road. It's a true lock-out, the bike turns rigid. lol

AND...Because of the convenience of the lock-out I've been running my sag at 30% for a softer ride on tech stuff.

The only change I've made is swapped the 110 stem for a 90 to aid in steep decents.
    Throw 29" wheels on a proven XC bike....EXACTLY what I was looking for

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Mine is a 2014 frame to replace my2013. Built it up with XX1 and since the 2013 was red and blue, I added some blue touches to match the fork, seat, and SRAM parts. Still need to pull the red linkage parts off old frame to replace the remaining green.
    Bike rides awesome. I kept the two seperate lockouts but have a full sprint one in the spare parts if I decide to go that route. For now, I find that I might lockout just the rear.Finally arrived scalpel team-img_20140409_064013.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    anybody having problems with the sprint lockout? On mine the lefty is never "fully rigid" but also feels pretty "sticky" when not in the lockout mode?? Back seems to work fine.

mtbr member
    Aug 2003

Mine locks out enough to take out all bob and I think a very small amount of movement is still ideal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    Mine moves with 150f and 205r. I weigh about 195 with gear... It does not bother me that it is not 100% locked. I would say 75-85% locked.

What pressures are you running and the your weight?

My stupid blog

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by norty_mtb View Post
    Mine is a 2014 frame to replace my2013. Built it up with XX1 and since the 2013 was red and blue, I added some blue touches to match the fork, seat, and SRAM parts. Still need to pull the red linkage parts off old frame to replace the remaining green.
    Bike rides awesome. I kept the two seperate lockouts but have a full sprint one in the spare parts if I decide to go that route. For now, I find that I might lockout just the rear.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140409_064013.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	158.1 KB 
ID:	883964
    What happened 2013 frame?
    Looks like u having carbon wheels?
    2013 Cannondale scalpel 1 29Žer
    Merida Reacto 907
    www.mckramppi.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    2013 had a crack at shock mount where one tab met the top. You could just start to see hairline crack.
    Enves wheels without the stickers, P321 hubs, Enve bar, and the updated stiffer steerer tube which you obviously can't see.
    Just starting getting play in the mounting pin/bushing on shock. Ordered new ones. I ride it pretty hard. Enough thread hijacking.
    Nort

mtbr member
    Aug 2003

Quick follow up on this bike. Wow is all I can say. Super quiet, stiff and very agile for a 29er. Still getting used to the carbon wheels and aggressive head angle but much better than my epic marathon.

I'm sorry but after riding 1,000k conventional forks, there is no way in hell I am riding another again. What a different from this lefty from my Sid rlt ti, Reba World Cup and others I have used.

The double locket is just so cool. I have a 5 mile hike to the trail head from my house so it's a great thing to have.

Almost purchased an epic marathon 2014, glad I went in this direction.

My only complaint was the seat so I stuck on my specialized seat which was lighter and fits by bones better.

Glad I went with the xtr brakes, go through water, cold out doesn't matter this bike is quiet